do you sometimes get annoyed about unbalanced heightmap & props, different mex arrangement or unevenly distributed units in GPG or ladder maps?
The aim of the FAF version is to guarantee fair gaming conditions and to improve the gaming experience of our beloved GPG (Gas Powered Games) maps (stock maps included in the original game) as well as influential unknown/inactive author maps.
If the map author is no longer active, you are welcome to inform us about the problem here. You could even send us fixes. But be aware that they will be checked/tested by FAF Creative staff and ladder team.
Map upload of approved content stays in the hands of FAF Creative staff! Please don't upload any " - FAF version" yourself.
- Please check in advance if the issue is already documented or fixed
- If the problem is not documented, please let us know
The following maps have already been reworked and can be found in the vault under the suffix
- FAF version. Please download the latest map version
.v000X for the best in game experience.
All maps can also be downloaded as FAF version map bundle.
- Arctic Refuge - FAF version
- Crossfire Canal - FAF version
- Eye of the Storm - FAF version
- Haven Reef - FAF version
- Open Palms - FAF version
- Seraphim Glaciers - FAF version
- Setons Clutch - FAF version
- Syrtis Major - FAF version
- The Bermuda Locket - FAF version
- The Ditch - FAF version
- Theta Passage - FAF version
- White Fire - FAF version
- Desert Arena - FAF version
- Forbidden Pass - FAF version
- Tag Craftious Maximus - FAF version
FAF Creative workflow: How to create a FAF version?!
- Capitalize the first letters of the original map name:
- Add the suffix
- FAF versionto the get the final map name:
Map Name - FAF version
- If possible, FA maps (v60) should always be used as the basis for the
FAF version. The FA maps (v60) are further developed (e.g. Skybox, different units, ...) compared to the SupCom (v56) ones.
Theta Passage - v56 VS v60:
v56: \Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander\maps
v60: \THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\maps
- search the vault for map versions that may already contain fixed issues.
- Always add
['ExtraArmies'] = STRING( 'ARMY_9 NEUTRAL_CIVILIAN' ),to the scenario.lua.
ARMY_9(GPG maps) /
ARMY_17(other maps) and
NEUTRAL_CIVILIAN(all maps). Both armys also need an
WRECKAGEsubfolder for some mods to work properly.
- Add a reasonable
norushradiusif the value is
Cutoff Distancefor the given decals
- Add a similar description with a link to this forum channel:
- FAF version of the unknown author map 'Loki': Ensures symmetrical marker and props. Contains new AI marker. - Modified by FAF Creative: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/398/faf-version-gpg-unknown-inactive-author-map-rework
- Present/discuss changes with ladder team in FAF Creative Discord (#preflight), before map release
- Post/ explain map changes in one post & in a similar style/fashion
- Thanks to @Sheikah for his
MapTransformer. It a big help and saves a lot of time.