Why I think T3 air is badly designed

@cptant I agree.

The way I did it in the mod I made was to ultimately make AA countered by air experimentals, which were countered by ground-based T3AA. Since there isn't a lot of variation at T3, you might end up having to chain its balance to ground balance.

I also feel like the overemphasis on generalist units hurts things-whoever spams the generalist combat unit and controls it better-there isn't a rock/paper/scissors type balance.

Wars of Glory: FAF reimagined. Now casting (somewhat) regularly!

Discord link in the Mod Vault description!

This man has never seen a Grimplex air crush with Janus against strats and ASF kappa

@percithundercock said in Why I think T3 air is badly designed:

Im quiet a low skilled player, so may opinion may not be counted.
But if we fantasy some.

How about SLOT-BASED ASF?
T2 air factory can be upgraded to ASF-base. It supports, lets say 16 ASFs, build it automatically, like drones and support\repair it.
What we can get from it?
Lost air can be comebacked fast.
But as winner's ASFs survived and can be docked to base very fast - they save veteranacy.
Winner in most cases have more bases and so it ASF cap still higher.
Also - air carriers\CZAR\Atlantis may also work as ASF base, increase comeback potential for land\naval players.

PS it opens way to some interesting ways to play with fuel and fuel-games.

No seriusly, no body takes this into account? This is also nice counter to T3 strat rush, yes, you still can rush T3 bomber, you must choose bomber or ASF dock first? And if you choose bomber, it is become cheese strategy, because you cant fast send cover for him.

“The missile guidance system knows where the missile is at all times because it knows where the missile is not”

Instead of adding another air unit to counter clumps, The US and Russia both have missile ~5 kiloton fission warhead long range Air defense missiles designed to take out the entire wings of bombers/fighters.

Why not add a new missile to the tactical missile launcher that has to be manually targeted and it’s a air only aoe mini nuke. It’s high risk high reward but if you predict where the air blob is going to be you can take out. 20-30 a missile. Set the mass and energy costs of the missile to 40% of 25 asfs but with an equal build time and you can only stock one per launcher.

It might even be interesting if it did EMP damage to ground shields and stunned units in same area area.

@fichom

This would actually be freaking awesome!!!
Even if it wasn’t very effective it would still be really fun.

T3 Sams in UEFs shielded T3 transports would probably be stupid OP. But if only T1 and T2 AA could fire while on transports it would still be pretty fun and at least give players some other options to fight against air It kind of makes sense that Sams couldn’t fire from a transport with the rocket back blast.

If it ended up being too OP you could always give the units being carried a rate of fire Nerf.

If someone could make a mod that maa can fire in transports it certainly would be fun. If this would be a serious considered balance patch one nerf could be tech level that can fire