Chrono Dampener Rework

Eeeepppiccc

@biass said in Chrono Dampener Rework:

As an additional suggestion, I would experiment with adding a small wave effect to each unit as they get stunned, no bigger than the length of the personal shield range ring.

I've been experimenting with this a little. The issue is finding an effect that is noticeable yet not too busy that it's overwhelming when an entire army is stunned. I also need to either find a happy medium for effect size where it's not so small that large T3 units completely overshadow it but not too big that many closely packed T1 units turns into an effect soup.

It may be possible to dynamically change the effect size based on the unit hitbox size, but I haven't gotten that far into my experimentation yet.

I think chrono should just be able to prevent your acu from getting surrounded by units. Basicly a proection against a shift-g from like 30-40 t1 tanks which would kill a normal gun com. Also removing /reducing the hp buff of chrono might be an option.

Baseline it.

@Deribus You still have the files for this change?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

It was uploaded to the vault under the name Chrono Expand

I've thought about the rework a bit, and I tend to like harzer's idea : just make it into an early game upgrade that prevents from dying too hard from shift g.

Reasoning :

• As i've stated before, the upgrade is in a strange spot atm since it''s quite expansive, and comes up at a time (late T2 / early T3) where you really want your ACU to be safe and not on the frontline.
  • So now that it's going to be weaker, i think it should also be less expansive, otherwise it will never be played : it will be too weak to handle t3 units, and barely strong enough to juggle a big t2 army, and it doesn't protect you from air snipes, why pick it over shield then ?

Solution : maybe this upgrade should be used as UEF nano : a secondary upgrade for t1 and early t2 stage, that doesn't require a t2 pgen.
Another idea : maybe the shield could be a direct upgrade of chrono, so it would remove the awkward choice we have to make right now. Again, if shield is just a better upgrade than chrono (cause it protects you against air as well as land units ...), you will never seen chrono chosen over it.

@auriko said in Chrono Dampener Rework:

As i've stated before, the upgrade is in a strange spot atm since it''s quite expansive, and comes up at a time (late T2 / early T3) where you really want your ACU to be safe and not on the frontline.

can't be more wrong honestly

So now that it's going to be weaker, i think it should also be less expansive, otherwise it will never be played : it will be too weak to handle t3 units, and barely strong enough to juggle a big t2 army, and it doesn't protect you from air snipes, why pick it over shield then ?

Right now chrone is ultra dominant and super OP. Why do you think that the upcoming nerf will instantly make it worthless. If anything i'd say it might need another nerf because it will still be too strong, but that's up for later debate after we see the effects of the first one