FAForever Forums
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Login
    The current pre-release of the client ("pioneer" in the version) is only compatible to itself. So you can only play with other testers. Please be aware!

    New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussion
    126 Posts 18 Posters 3.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • NuggetsN Offline
      Nuggets FAF Association Board
      last edited by

      I didnt create the russian localization and had no hand in it. I dont really want to translate everything and then work with reports that something is missing or badly translated. Idk if its possible as ui mod maybe?

      cychwa_klaymbergC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • N Offline
        Nomander Balance Team Team Lead
        last edited by

        It's probably extremely difficult as a UI mod if your mod embeds all the strings inside its UI elements' code. The proper way to make it work is to use the LOC function for all relevant strings and prepend each string with <LOC keyName> . After that you don't have to do anything yourself, the modders can add localization to RoguelikeUiLocalizationMod/hook/loc/ru/strings_db.lua

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • cychwa_klaymbergC Offline
          cychwa_klaymberg @Nuggets
          last edited by

          @Nuggets said:

          I didnt create the russian localization and had no hand in it. I dont really want to translate everything and then work with reports that something is missing or badly translated. Idk if its possible as ui mod maybe?

          Oh, I just caught a glimpse of the mod in the repository—that’s all. Personally, the English version suits me perfectly. And yeah, I agree: translation looks like a thankless, insignificant task that hardly anyone really needs

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • NuggetsN Offline
            Nuggets FAF Association Board
            last edited by Nuggets

            Small v25 update for roguelike (and the experimental changes version was also updated, as some people still foolishly use it):

            • Fixed SACU and ACU not being impacted by negative energy modifiers (ACU was intentional before, but I decided to no longer exclude it)
            • Removed Prototyper class
            • Changed Amphibious class to buff land when picking navy instead
            • Buffed Regen class: Instead of increasing odds by 1.4x, it is now 1.75x
            • Added the ability (requested by @nomander ) to enabled "Autopicks" (checkbox in the stats panel). When this is enabled the mod auto picks the highest rarity option for you. You will NOT see the picks that were offered. You can disable / enable this at any time.
            NoRest4TheWickedN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • NoRest4TheWickedN Offline
              NoRest4TheWicked @Nuggets
              last edited by NoRest4TheWicked

              @Nuggets So I have a question. Was the energy production buff removed entirely? I don't ever see it when drawing anymore I just see the mass production buff. which deceases energy significantly. Also, I don't see the mass shards anymore like the paragon fragment. Other than this the structure projectile speed still stops nuke defense from hittiing it's target. Just wanted to say my peace about it

              NuggetsN 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • NuggetsN Offline
                Nuggets FAF Association Board @NoRest4TheWicked
                last edited by

                @NoRest4TheWicked said:

                @Nuggets So I have a question. Was the energy production buff removed entirely? I don't ever see it when drawing anymore I just see the mass production buff. which deceases energy significantly. Also, I don't see the mass shards anymore like the paragon fragment. Other than this the structure projectile speed still stops nuke defense from hittiing it's target. Just wanted to say my peace about it

                Hey, yes the energy buff was removed quite a while ago because at the time it was pretty useless. I am now debating putting it back in, but not sure.

                I dont remember which one exactly the paragon fragment was (i think the +45 mass?) but yes, that doesnt exist anymore. The static values were either OP early on or useless later on.

                Regarding SMDs, yeah I forgot about that. I excluded SMDs from rate of fire but forgot projectile speed. I will fix this in the next patch.


                Also I am debating removing projectile speed entirely because many units are not impacted by it, and most units that are impacted are missile related units and then the TMD just cant keep up or do anything. Thoughts on this appreciated.

                NoRest4TheWickedN 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • NoRest4TheWickedN Offline
                  NoRest4TheWicked @Nuggets
                  last edited by

                  @Nuggets
                  https://replay.faforever.com/27857107 I only got Structure Rate of Fire Damage Health and Range. I built nuke def and they missed their target again. I used roguelike original mod and ACU BOOST 3X and Barhan ACU Boost and 2x Res and Ras to move the mission along faster to try and see if the projectile speed was the problem, but I think it was either rate of fire or range,

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • M Offline
                    Machette
                    last edited by

                    I dont think energy upgrades % would be bad, i genuinely have energy problems late game, especially when i pick some Mass %.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • N Offline
                      Nomander Balance Team Team Lead
                      last edited by

                      Yeah it's quite bad to get a bunch of cards and then ruin your entire game because you got too many mass production buffs.

                      It might be interesting to consider a different scaling for example multiplicative because the flat % decreases are very strong at low amounts. Like 200+30% mass brings you from 60->70% energy or -25% of your current energy. Same for build cost, although build cost is a positive trait so that's more fun to minimize (and it doesn't decrease buildtime anyway).

                      I actually noticed that build cost has a minimum limit, but it isn't specified anywhere in the UI or cards. In addition to that, build cost reducing cards should be removed from the pool when the limit is reached.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • NoRest4TheWickedN Offline
                        NoRest4TheWicked @Nuggets
                        last edited by

                        @Nuggets I figured out the problem with the Nuke Defense missing because i decided to just play a few missions to test the theory and its not that the nuke def misses it's target it's that the damage doesn't register. When the damage buff for the smd gets too high the damage for the smd missile unregisters and the missile looks like it misses. but in actuality the damage buff stops the nuke def missile from registering. But if you get the structure splash damage upgrade you no longer have to worry about that or so i have seen so far

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • First post
                          Last post