FAF League Month System

I have no clue how any web technology works, I just know that is where the code is.

@arma473 said in FAF League Month System:

How does one run that script? Is there a particular execution environment that you would use? Do you need a config files and does it need to be in a certain directory? Can I have a copy of the config file? I would appreciate anything you can do to point me in the right direction.

The api is accesible from api.faforever.com you just need to use the query similar to what is used in that page. (e.g api.faforever.com/data/game?filter....). This will return a json object of the data you would need.

@Sheikah Thank you. Can you give an example of a query, like "all ladder matches for a certain day"?

As an example: https://api.faforever.com/data/game?filter=(featuredMod.displayName=in=("Ladder1v1");endTime=ge="2020-12-10T00:00:00Z";endTime=le="2020-12-11T00:00:00Z")

Additionally on the client in the vault search there is a tick box to display the search query which shows you the query that you can use for the search you are doing. Additionally there is documentation for the api at api.faforever.com

Is there a rule against using a computer program to generate and execute the queries and download the resulting data? Of course I wouldn't randomly scrape the database for ridiculous amounts of data. it looks like 1 month worth of ladder data is around 10MB total.

I would say to make sure that you limit your queries in terms of search space to make the server not work as hard as overloading the api would not be good. Although the definitive opinion on this would be @Brutus5000

@Sheikah I should be done pulling the data. It was only 10MB total. It would have put the same strain on the server if I did it entered the queries by hand. Now I just have to parse it (and verify that it's the correct data set). Thank you and also @ThomasHiatt for your help here.

I’m going to do a new system with leagues now. I’m still planning stuff out but now it should work in this general format:

League happens on odd months

League points are given out same as always

Avatars etc will be given out as usual for most of the brackets, however the 1800+ bracket will have an additional aspect added to it.

The top 8 in a league month will instead be invited into a tournament where they all face one another in a sort of round robin format. Their performance in these formats will then give prize money, avatars, as well as invites for LotS based on a point system depending on performance during these tournaments.

More details should follow later.

@FtXCommando I dont understand much, what is the essence of winning in a monthly league and, in principle, the meaning of winning in it, if there are some tournaments every two months for places for the lots? That just free pts, for players who dont can qualify and might get in?

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

Top 8 in league by points move on to a round robin tournament next month

These top 8 play one another for position in the tournament

After getting placed, they score a certain level of points based on their placement.

This level of points will be added to their “total” accumulation through the year and the month before LotS the top 10 will be announced. These top 10 go into LotS with 6 more slots being reserved for qualification tournaments or some other form of qualification that I’m still deciding upon.

So in short:
League performance matters for scoring in top 8.
Tournament performance matters for scoring into LotS.

Also even though the adjustment for the league month hasn't been merged yet, games in May will still count retroactively. Hopefully the leaderboard itself will reflect scores by tomorrow.