MapGen 3v3 SHOWDOWN

faf.webp

Commanders, prepare for battle!

The Mapgen Showdown is here, and it's time to unleash your inner strategist! This tournament will challenge your adaptability and teamwork in a wild world of randomized maps. Gather your friends, assemble your dream team, and get ready to dive into epic confrontations where every match can turn the tide of war!

Tournament: Mapgen Showdown
đź—“ Date: 12.10 at 15:00 UTC
👤 Tournament Director: InsidiousNoob

Challonge: NA
IRC: https://discord.com/channels/197033481883222026/1291777590150959144
Coverage: https://www.twitch.tv/faflive

đź’° Rewards:

1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $200
3rd Place: $100

Epic Avatars up for grabs!

⚔️ Tournament Format:

Maps: All maps will be MapGen! The Tournament Director will provide mapgens for each match and the slots, both teams will have 1 veto per serie to strategically shape their battlefield.
Build Your Dream Team: This is your chance to create the ultimate squad! Team up with friends and submit your roster or sign up alone and be assignet to a random team !
Rating will be based off Global Rating!
No Minimum Requirement for joining—everyone is welcome!
Team Cap: Max team rating of 5900 with a rating cap of 2300 per player for balance (e.g., 2300 + 1800 + 1800).
No Faction Vetoes.
Any Major Rating Drop or Gain will be examined.
Format: Double Elimination: BO3 in the winner’s bracket, BO1 in the loser’s bracket.

🌍 Map pool:

MapGen! 15x15

Frozen ratings from 01.10
https://imgur.com/a/sIbgrHK SS are taken (01.10) Please only Register urself with rating you have here listed
I have taken SS to the 500 spot anyone below that can just use his current rating when he register others please use the rating in the ss provided also calculate your teams rating with those rating too.
So you dont have to worry if you lost/gained points for these two weeks.

Are you ready to forge your legacy and outsmart your opponents? Sign up now and make your mark in the Mapgen Showdown! The battlefield is calling—will you answer?

Which rating will count? Global?

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

Yes since it is 3v3 team game we can use the Global Rating

Isn't this the official faf tournament? Will you pay prizes to players from Russia and Belarus if they give you the requisites to which you can make a transfer?

Sorry for my English. I use translator

@insidiousnoob said in MapGen 3v3 SHOWDOWN:

Date: 12.10 at 15:00 UTC
Format: Double Elimination: BO3 in the winner’s bracket, BO1 in the loser’s bracket.

Let's assume there are at least 8 teams participating. It will take 4 rounds to get a clear winner. With a BO3 it means no less than 12 consecutive games and no more than 20 consecutive games. 3v3 games tend to be longer than 1v1 or 2v2, especially given 15x15 km maps.

In double elimination loser bracket is already often waits for a loser from winner section. With the BO3/BO1 assymetry it will make waiting even more prolonged, thus further slowing down the tournament.

The tournament will take at least 6 hours if one team just murders everyone and closer to a 10 hours mark if it becomes competitive. The latter being more realistic. I don't think the chosen format is optimal for this type of tournament. No one can play, cover or even watch for 10 hours straight without getting physically exhausted.

Thank you for your concerns, SainseRow.
Since I don’t yet know how many teams will sign up, it's too early to finalize the schedule. I haven’t ruled out splitting the tournament, for example, holding the first part on Saturday and continuing on Sunday or even the following weekend. I’ll wait for the team count and then optimize the schedule accordingly.

Hello Skrat,
I am hosting this tournament as an official FAF Tournament Director, and the funding is coming from FAF. Unfortunately, I am required to follow the rules, which means I cannot make payments to players from Russia or other sanctioned countries.

Last time in my own Tournament i managed to pay Ankcat in other ways but it was my own money , we cannot risk the FAF funding this way , Please contact the person in charge and maybe you can find a way around with him. But rules have been stated by Sheikah in a post before and we have to follow them.

@insidiousnoob said in MapGen 3v3 SHOWDOWN:

continuing on Sunday or even the following weekend

Please not the following weekend, there hopefully will be DAT3 at that time

Team Cap: Max team rating of 5900 with a rating cap of 2300 per player for balance

What does "2300 per player" part mean? Players above 2300 (like 2450) counted as just 2300?

SainseRow i did saw your Tournament before and i will keep it in mind to not collide with it. Yes all players above 2300 will count as a 2300 in this tourney.

Hello. СunningFox 1632, please register

Discord for communication - ilyabatkovich

Dude do some PhotoShop please xd

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods
Support me

5900 max rating per team sadge

I have never understood the 2300 rating cap. Someone like farms for example is vastly better than I am and every 2200 that I can think of yet they would only be 100 points higher.

Farms also wants to have a decent team bro

The biggest promise of the rating cap system is that more or less people can have the freedom to actually make up their own team and not hoping they'd be seeded in the right position for them to get choosen by their Captain they'd want to get choosen that also creates dissatisfaction always also In a 3v3 team game, teamwork, communication, and synergy are essential for success, which is often overlooked when focusing solely on individual ratings. By allowing players to form their own teams (in a rating cap system), you're encouraging players to prioritize team dynamics, which can often be the deciding factor to win a TEAM GAME match.

@InsidiousNoob Are we strictly going off global rating for this tourney, or will 3v3 tmm be used if it is higher?

We can't take someone's 3v3 tmm rating and the other global rating and the other his 4v4 tmm rating , we gotta stick to one and i decided the Global Rating.

ok cool thx for clarity

Looking for a team, Skrat 1643

Sorry for my English. I use translator