Changing the Meta

Can we make a more fast paced meta?

@cheerios what do you suggest?

I personally think the game is already too fast. I'd like it slowed down even more if it were up to me. Good thing it's not lol.

For what, 1v1s? Team games? Most people don't want fast-paced team games

Mapmakers could design maps to cause games to be faster-paced. For example, a 5x5 should be faster paced than a 10x10. Or even for 10x10s, you could put the two spawns closer together. You can make transport RNG maps, those have fast-paced openings.

The other obvious way to make things faster-paced would be some kind of a balance mod to do things like increase movement speed, decrease unit health, decrease the cost to make experimentals (even if they get nerfed in terms of HP and damage).

Maybe even have some "experimentals" at lower tech levels so you can go all-in on a strategy faster and with the other side less likely to scout it. Imagine a mini-monkeylord that costs 10,000 mass and would die to a single overcharge but could still wipe out a T2 army. I'm not saying it would make the game better but it should increase the pace.

Also I don't want to sound crude or overly simplistic but if you turn game speed up to +1, everything moves faster.

I would love to see a SIM mod that sets the speed to +1 and have it be whitelisted so it doesn't make games unrated.

You can watch watch any high level 1v1 vods and realise even some of the best players are CONSTANTLY doing SOMETHING, and obviously still playing far from optimally. If you make the game faster for the sake of "improving" teamgames, you'll ruin 1v1 and potentially 2v2

pro tip: games become faster paced the better your macro is (more mass = more stuff quicker)

frick snoops!

@thewheelienoob a noob shouldn't be giving out pro tips smh