I don't know what I did...

The other day I opened the FAF Client and an error message popped up saying something about my mods and replays folder needed to be changed from being on OneDrive. I tried to copy whatever was in the mods and replays folder that was in OneDrive to somewhere on my local harddrive and set the client to use the folder on the local drive, but I guess I didn't do it right because all the mods I was using disappeared. No big deal, a lot of them I wasn't even using, so I've been trying to reload the mods I have been using so I can just get back to playing again.

I don't know if one thing is related to another, but today as I was testing to see if I got the right mods again and they are functioning properly, whenever I try and launch a game, after the loading screen I get nothing but a black screen with the mouse cursor. There's not even a menu button so I can exit the game, I have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE and kill the application in Task Manager.

I figured that maybe there was something wrong with the SupCom installation so I went to Steam, uninstalled and reinstalled SupCom. No change.

I uploaded my most recent game log, if it helps.

game_22054252.log

warning: Unable to find file /mods/umt/modules/linq.lua

Looks like you are missing a file for a mod

Right. I was testing Hotbuild Overhaul when it started happening. Disabled the mod, and now the game works. Sorry, I should have tried that.

So next question is where do I find this file and where do I put it? When it says "/mods/umt/modules/", is that a folder, like something I can find in Windows Explorer? Windows puts application files in 800 different folders these days.

Ah... "umt" is UI Mod Tools...

Another question.

It used to automatically build preview a mass extractor if I hovered over an empty mass point. I seem to recall this being an integrated feature, not a mod, but I can't find the option anywhere... any help?

@zappazapper This was removed as a default setting because it impacted the game performance quite substantially.

There's a mod that brings it back, and maybe even a setting that you can use to toggle it back on (not sure on that last one).

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@indexlibrorum right, ok... I'll try and find the mod then... thank you...

@zappazapper As Index stated, that function was removed from the base FAF game due to the impact on performance it had & it was replaced by the new templates function (F1 Key Bindings > Orders - Mouse Context > Cycle Templates) https://wiki.faforever.com/en/Play/Game/Hotkeys/OrdersMouseContext

@mostlostnoob I started using JIP's "Hover Over Deposits" and it does exactly what I want, and I'm not experiencing any performance issues as far as I can tell. Thank you...

@zappazapper I'm sure that mod does exactly what you wanted, given that it's Jip who removed the function from the base game 😛

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png