are there 40+ years old FAF players ?

@popsniper U sir are an absolute UNIT of a man. Good on you!

I am as old as my profile pic looks.

Yeah there's quite a few 40+ FAF players, i probably know some extras not on the original list.

Its one of the few RTS where speed clicking isn't so important.

@derpfaf said in are there 40+ years old FAF players ?:

Its one of the few RTS where speed clicking isn't so important.

Bullshit ๐Ÿ˜œ

When the "follow players pointer" option came out, and
one of the streamers cast a game with the players pointers moving about the screen.
The apm of some of the players was so fast "to me", it
would make me dizzy just watching.
Watching pro's do their thing is an amazing thing for me to observe.
Just glad most caster don't show the "pointers" any more ๐Ÿ™‚

It's possible that I am one of the oldest but not in age ๐Ÿ™‚ and most active player since Total Annihilation (TA).
I participated in the Supreme Commander beta, GPG and now, of course, FAF, consistently without interruption.
I've been contributing financially since it became possible.
Having participated and played continuously since that time, I've accumulated a rich experience over the years and many good friends there were times from clans we meet and play all night im sure TA4LIVE and rest still remember .
The constant involvement in a gaming community is a unique experience, I've witnessed the evolution of this game and the community over time.
My involvement also extended to the Mads, the new Nomads faction. I believe that players like us should be distinguished by a unique avatar, so everyone knows we've been around in times when most of you didn't even know the world we live in.,Above all, as a player, I'm a bit differentโ€”I see the game in a distinct way, not just for the challenge but to maximize my enjoyment.
I have never criticized anyone even once; it doesn't make sense to me. Respecting the community and players is not about ratings; we are all unique and equal.

Other thing we showld never forget Ze-Pilot

Design without project is just a mere coincidence

I'm 36 now and I feel so old ^^

I can't reach a good apm anymore. I was a lot faster 10 years ago.

I'm 53. Started playing supreme commander and forged alliance when they were released. I still have the boxes for those in the cupboard behind me. I remeber when Sir Loui was the top ranked player for SupCom and guides were 20 page long forum posts before the days of youtube. I didn't find FAF until 2018 or something and have been regularly playing a handful of games per week since. Thanks to the FAF community for keeping my favourite game alive all these years.

@jamesboag 48 here.
Also played on release. I certainly remember Sir Loui. And maybe before that was BlueScreen ISU. Others I remember, Arm Commader (GPG staff), The Little One, The VOW clan, TAG.... I even ran my own clan back in the days. Think 2006 to 2010 or so was a great era for this game. Man, what great time did we have! Actually until SupCom2 came out... that was about when the old community died. Glad I found FAF and am really thankful that a great game was carried on... So can play today what I enjoyed 15 years ago. Well, It may be a bit different now, but that is another story ๐Ÿ™‚

Child of 1982 here ... apparently the first year of the millennial.... Me and my people started something great back in 82 just for it to be ruined by the younger folk. Now we millennials get blamed for everything.... It's not my fault I swear.

Im 46 y.o. i think im too slow to play with someone)