[Guide] : fake-fullscreen and optimisation

@magge You can also tell them to try the Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher where I did all the configurations.

https://github.com/ageekhere/Definitive-Supreme-Commander-Launcher/releases/tag/version1.03

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

Is there any way, at all, to both run FAF in a borderless window AND still be able to scroll by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen? The script in the OP doesn't do it, magge's script doesn't do it, and thecore's launcher doesn't do it.

When you enable borderless window (even without using any scrips) it prevents the use of the mouse scroll to the edge. Not sure why this happens.

@thecore

I don't have a solution for your question, but I only recently realized that holding the middle mouse button allows you to scroll by moving the mouse. That changed the way I manage scrolling and zooming.

@thecore i see typical noob programming "feature" - when interface of the program does not working correctly when it is not exactly the same as developer's
Screenshot_1.png
Windows 11. 125% zoom ration 1920x1080

@t_r_u_putin same screen after switching to 4k resoulution and back! Screenshot_2.png

Anyone successfully got FAF working on dual monitors with the map on the left and the playing window on the right?

I tried UI-festival but the reclaim overlay was on the wrong monitor and hotbuild preview is also stuck in the middle, straddling the two displays. There seems to be no option for changing this.

@T_R_U_putin You can set in the exe high DPI settings in compatibility, set override high DPI scaling behavior. see if that works

@reckless_charger try the Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher https://github.com/ageekhere/Definitive-Supreme-Commander-Launcher/releases/tag/version1.03

I will do but if it's based on UI-party, that doesn't support the map screen on the left hand monitor (which is my lower refresh, non gaming monitor).

How the Launcher works is when you put the game into windowed mode it will make it full screen and stretch the game over 2 monitors. You can then either use UI-party or just use the home hotkey to make the game use 2 windows.

Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher 1.04
https://github.com/ageekhere/Definitive-Supreme-Commander-Launcher/releases
Improved dark/light theme uses customtkinter for better dark theme support
Cleaned up interface
upgraded to python 3.12.2
upgraded to AutoHotkeyU32 AutoHotkey_1.1.37.02 (Note upgrading to version 2 would require major changes to the code which can be done at a later date)
Added an update prompt when there is a new update
Added Absolute Annihilation
Added option to minimize all active windows on game launch
Added start supported games in dual screen by default
Improved autohotkey code

Launcher.png

@thecore FAF and python FAF seem to be mislabeled in this list...

@tatsu I am not following, where is it mislabeled?

@thecore you have "Downlord's FAF client" that should just be called "Forged Alliance Forever", as per the website that we're currently on that's what it's called and what you get when you download FAF.

then later you have "Forged Alliance Forever" which I assume is the python FAF. it's a bit misleading and confusing to have both and label them the way you did.

@tatsu I see the issue now, when i first made the Launcher the client was still called by the old name. Will update the name and picture of the FAF client.

So it will be called Forged Alliance Forever Client and Forged Alliance Forever will just start the local game from C:\ProgramData\FAForever

@thecore I think it should then be "Forged Alliance Forever" and "Offline Forged Alliance Forever", then.

Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher 1.0.5.0
https://github.com/ageekhere/Definitive-Supreme-Commander-Launcher/releases

New version naming 1.0.5.0
Updated FAF client image and name
Fixed issue in main.ahk where endGameSearch resize used the wrong search area values
Added version-file for file info (version_info.txt) view exe details
Added auto-py-to-exe splash screen
auto-py-to-exe now uses onefile and all other files are in the content folder
Updated python to 3.12.3