Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023

I can somewhat sign up? 2000 currently, if a team needs me contact me via Discord. I'm not a Setoner and therefore I'm prob more of a 1800.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

I would like to participate but what time frame needs to be reserved for this on that day?

Is the optimal balance rule set in stone?

This will likely create some unbalanced games. Ideally, you want the strongest team members to be on the carry slots, i.e. rock and air so each team has their best chance of winning. Leaving it to random chance isn't good. For example, what if one team has their carry players on the weakest slots, whilst the other team has their carry players on the carry slots. That's an inherent random disadvantage for one team and is generally not good for the tournament as a whole.

Teams should therefore be able to collaborate amongst themselves on who will take up which slots

Many Thanks

Wait how is opti supposed to work in this, you can't have premade teams with opti. Am I missing something there?

Also when is the deadline to signup? I'm still trying to figure out my life to make sure I can be free to play.

@exselsior said in Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023:

Wait how is opti supposed to work in this, you can't have premade teams with opti. Am I missing something there?

Also when is the deadline to signup? I'm still trying to figure out my life to make sure I can be free to play.

Actually yeah, I didn't even realise this lol. Optimal balance wouldn't even work for premade teams. So it has to be manual balance of course.

@exselsior
It cant be Opti. I'd luv to see you there Sir

First we will be best, then we will be first.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

You can in theory do optimal balance by having the TD randomly generate map orders where you put highest rated at 1 and lowest rated at 4

Optimal balance is way better because otherwise you just tell mid and beach to die in mid with mega brutal carry gamers playing rock and air

@cheeseberry Correct, players 2300 rating and below will be allowed to sign up.

Suffer in silence

@syndicus sign up (in Cortana team)

Sign me up please.

@syndicus said in Seton's Clutch Tournament Best team of 2023:

@cheeseberry Correct, players 2300 rating and below will be allowed to sign up.

Sry I'm still confused. Can e.g. farms with his 2.6k sign up for the tournament or not?

yes he can.

@cheeseberry No, 2300 is the max rating allowed in this tournament. That is the ceiling. As you can see from discussions, above, the difference in skill and not only that, but would sort of break the combined rating permitted. If I higher it to compliment 2400+ then more teams will be able to stack 2KS. Thus defeating the purpose of a rating cap.

I'm not trying to exclude that rating playerbase, but instead trying to keep it more interesting and allow for lower rated players to get on the competitive scene.

Suffer in silence

@Syndicus aurand not in cortana team,we already have 4th guy to play and hes nickname ullona_oss

@syndicus Isn't the team rating cap and minimum rating enough to achieve that? I mean the 2.3k rating cap only excludes like 5 relevant people, so you may as well allow them to sign up.

Stacking isn't really possible with the 6.7k team rating cap anyway. You need at least two 1ks leaving you with one 2.5k and one 2.2k, a team composition that's imo less desirable than a more balanced setup.

@riot ullona_oss я в команде риота