New Client 2023.6.0

new client does not start for me, neither does the the alpha before that.

there is a client log but i can't copy and paste or drag and drop into the forum for some reason

ok i managed to unzip it but it's too big to post, the last few lines are 2023-06-28T14:13:48.050+10:00 WARN 2776 --- [JavaFX Application Thread] c.f.c.g.GamesTilesContainerController : Tried to remove game tile that did not exist.
2023-06-28T14:14:33.066+10:00 WARN 2776 --- [JavaFX Application Thread] c.f.c.g.GamesTilesContainerController : Tried to remove game tile that did not exist.
2023-06-28T14:17:22.095+10:00 INFO 2776 --- [taskScheduler-1] c.f.client.config.PreferencesConfig : Writing preferences file %USER_PROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever\client.prefs

You can use www.pastebin.com to share the complete log. What is your operating system?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

new client does not start for me too.
noo logs (coz no start)
win 7 64
b to 2023.5 good now
https://github.com/FAForever/downlords-faf-client/releases

Can one of you run the client from the command line and post the output here

I have the same problem with the new FAF client (updated today). After trying to run it, nothing happens. OS Windows 7 x64 SP1. There are no logs. Through the launch on the command line, nothing happens and nothing is written. Before the update, the client started normally. I also created a topic on the current issue on the FAF Discord server.

Wait are all the people having issues on windows 7?

Yes, this is probably a problem with Windows 7.
After the FAF rollback to the previous version v2023.5.0, everything started up normally.
In any case, thank you all.

Can others confirm they are on windows 7 as well?

Also just downgrading isn't a sustainable solution. Soon everyone will have to be on 2023.6 or higher. So it is better to work with me to try and find a solution.

Alright so I found that this is definitely an incompatibility with windows 7. If you do not have windows 7 and experience this issue let me know

For those who are running on windows 7 changing the .vmoptions file in your client installation and changing the line -XX:+UseZGC to -XX:+UseG1GC should allow the client to run

it work.
C:\Program Files\FAF Client\faf-client.vmoptions

Awesome, thank you very much Sheikah

Thanks Sheikah!

@sheikah said in New Client 2023.6.0:

For those who are running on windows 7 changing the .vmoptions file in your client installation and changing the line -XX:+UseZGC to -XX:+UseG1GC should allow the client to run

I am running on a pretty dusty windows 10 setup and that helped me as well, thank You very much Sheikah!

Also Thank You robotcat for pointing out that the file is in
C:\Program Files\FAF Client\

I am running on a pretty dusty windows 10 setup and that helped me as well, thank You very much Sheikah!

Yes the feature requires at least windows 10 build 1803 so if you are before that you will have the same issue but the new installer won't help you. As there is no consistent way to get the build number so you will have to make this change after every install if you are on windows 10 but haven't updated past 1803

I am having troubles figuring out how to change the line of code in the .vmoptions file. I have windows 10 and cannot access the client. Can anyone help me?

@livingbeast Are you using the latest FAF client: 2023.8.0?