BlackOpsFAF-Unleashed only for FAF v24

@uveso

Ok, hold on... I'm testing a vanilla game and the Ahwassa is doing 8000 damage, not 7000, so maybe this isn't a BlackOps issue.

@Jip ? Is it possible there's an error in the patch notes, or the damage the Ahwassa got changed to?

1f238bf0-5131-4e9f-9ac5-3f9adeeb9e8b-image.png

@Doompants all air experiments crash damage was nerfed in the latest balance patch. Of Thier is a typo in patch notes le me known and I'll check them tomorrow

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey

Thx, yes I know about the crash damage nerf. That's what we're trying to troubleshoot for the BlackOps mod.

But patch notes say the Ahwassa is supposed to do 7000 damage, and as you can see from my screenshot it's been doing 8000 hitting that factory (also tested with Quantum portals). Maybe I'm missing something else about crash damage, but this is happening both with BlackOps on, and with Vanilla (BlackOps off).

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/blob/develop/units/XSA0402/XSA0402_unit.bp#L623

The crash DMG is 7000

I'll change notes accordingly

@Rowey / @Doompants

Your observations are correct, the Ahwassa can do more than 7000 damage crash damage.

OnKilled = function(self, instigator, type, overkillRatio)
        self.detector = CreateCollisionDetector(self)
        self.Trash:Add(self.detector)
        self.detector:WatchBone('Nose_Extent')
        self.detector:WatchBone('Right_Wing_Extent')
        self.detector:WatchBone('Left_Wing_Extent')
        self.detector:WatchBone('Tail_Extent')
        self.detector:EnableTerrainCheck(true)
        self.detector:Enable()

SAirUnit.OnKilled(self, instigator, type, overkillRatio)
    end,

OnAnimTerrainCollision = function(self, bone,x,y,z)
        DamageArea(self, {x,y,z}, 5, 1000, 'Default', true, false)  --- <-- additional damage
        explosion.CreateDefaultHitExplosionAtBone( self, bone, 5.0 )
        explosion.CreateDebrisProjectiles(self, explosion.GetAverageBoundingXYZRadius(self), {self:GetUnitSizes()})
    end,

When killed it adds various terrain detection detectors to various bones (points) of the unit. When those intersect with the terrain they create a flash and do an additional 1000 damage.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@Rowey it is likely better to phrase it as the minimum crash damage that is reduced, as the real crash damage depends on how the air unit ends up colliding with the terrain.

@jip may want to let the balance team aware of this too

I've made them aware of it with the CZAR. But for completeness:

@Tagada / @TheWheelie : the crash damage reductions reduce the minimum amount of damage an air experimental can deal. Due to terrain intersection detectors an additional 1K to 2K damage can be dealt. Therefore your changelog is not accurate: the minimum crash damage is reduced, but not the actual crash damage.

Isn't the actual crash damage reduced as well? It's just that the value in the BP is the minimal rather than possible crash damage for some units.

The total sum is reduced, yes - but these are separate instances of damage

Hello friends. 😄

New issue with BlackOps after dev patch 3751.

Each faction has an Anti-Teleport tower, one at T2 and one at T3. These towers have suddenly started providing cloaking in the same radius as the anti-teleport range (brown intel circle).

Here's a quick cheated base that shows everything getting cloaked at the moment of completion.
Have confirmed that it is not a visual bug, and that the cloaking is legitimate (enemies can see radar blips, but no visual of structures without Omni units like t3 scouts).

https://replay.faforever.com/19405163

@Jip

this is the line that is no longer working:

self:DisableUnitIntel('unitScript', 'CloakField') -- Used to show anti-tele range

https://github.com/Uveso/BlackOpsFAF-Unleashed/blob/master/units/BAB4209/BAB4209_script.lua#L24

executing self:DisableUnitIntel('CloakField') without "unitScript" will disable the cloak correctly.

Do we fix this in the game or in the mod?

Good question, I'll look into it this weekend. For now you can fix it in the mod.

Also -

Cybran blackops t3 bot 'Shadow Splitter' has lost its cloaking ability.

No replay here. Just spawn units using cheat and you can see they won't cloak.

The toggle for cloaking ability appears on the UI with unit selected, but it does nothing.

thanks for reporting!

i also found several units in other mods that are not working.
Maybe we need to fix that in game after all.

Hehe. So the problem with Blackops anti teleport towers having a massive cloaking field is also happening with the Aeon t3 teleporting air transport. 😄

We had someone build one in the last phantom game, and it cloaked his entire base plus half of each if his neighbor's. Lol

I know we are starting to get a bit of a shopping list of things that need updates in Black Ops. Does it help anyone if I make a check list? Or do you have a bug tracker or something somewhere to keep track of this stuff?

@Doompants a check list (with unit ids + the behavior) would be nice, yes

@jip @Uveso -- This is everything we're aware of ATM. I'm sorry I have no programming experience. I'm an ADHD squirrel most days, but I swear if I find time, this almost makes me consider it. lol.

• Several BlackOps Units with teleporting or anti-teleporting abilities (using 'unitScript', 'CloakField' to show radius) are generating massive cloak fields.

Units affected: All BlackOps T2 and T3 anti-teleport towers, Also BAA0309 (Aeon t3 transport 'Illuminate'). Other teleporting units, ACUs and SACUs are fine.

• Several BlackOps Teleporting units have teleport button on UI, but can no longer teleport

*Units affected: BAA0309 (Aeon t3 transport 'Illuminate'), EAL0301 (Aeon t3 harassment bot 'Faithbreaker'). Teleporting ACUs and SACUs are fine *

• Several BlackOps Cloaking units have cloaking toggle button on UI, but can no longer self-cloak (note that cybran transport cloaks others, but not itself as it used to). Cloaking ACU upgrades and buildings are fine.

Units affected: BRA0309 (Cybran t3 Transport 'Vanisher'), ERL0301 (Cybran Cloaking Bot 'Shadow Splitter').

• BlackOps Cybran ACU maser upgrade becomes bugged (fires erratically or not at all) after riding in transport.

Units affected: ERL0001 (BlackOps Cybran Armored Command Unit). Note that this behavior was fixed previously for Vanilla ACU (URL0001).

• Crash Damage on Czar is still ~16000 (can't find in blueprint where that is listed). If it can't be easily balanced to vanilla values, can BlackOps Czar be removed (use vanilla)? Alt-fire mode is kinda OP anyways.

*Units affected: UAA0301 (BlackOps Czar).

• as per @Nari , attack drones have stopped working at some point. They spawn with the units they are atteched to and then do nothing (or in the case of the Tempest, they land in the tempest like a carrier and cannot be reactivated)

Units affected: BEL0402 (UEF Experimental Assault Bot 'Goliath MK II'), BSL0401 (Seraphim Experimental Hover Tank 'Yenzotha'), UAS0401 (BlackOps version of Aeon Experimental Battleship 'Tempest').

@Doompants

Oh wow, thanks for the nice list!

@Jip
i started to fix the not working self:DisableUnitIntel('unitScript', 'CloakField') funcion.
Just removing the 'unitScript' argument fixed the first issue, but in the end it was not working.
This is also the case in some other mods.

I've been picking away at your list @Doompants

Several BlackOps Cloaking units have cloaking toggle button on UI, but can no longer self-cloak (note that cybran transport cloaks others, but not itself as it used to). Cloaking ACU upgrades and buildings are fine.

You mention BRA0309. I've gone back to June 2022, it doesn't cloak the transport itself there either. It can cloak other transports, and therefore receive the cloak from a fellow transport. The code responsible is highlighted, the cloak field excludes the unit that generates the cloak field:

1285da01-0d4b-4365-a9fd-148e4a8fdd99-image.png

That has not changed in the past six years, so it seems to me that BRA0309 works as intended.

Looking at it further:

69f639f1-512d-4b77-abe9-7c862fa8556a-image.png

The unit is considered cloaked by the game, as this scout is unable to see the unit (just the radar blips). @Uveso what are your thoughts on removing that condition of the if statement, so that the unit feels cloaked, as it is indeed cloaked?

I'll look over the remainder of your list over the coming days.