The new colossus is a beast

its due to the gc dose stopimg damage like you cna damges units by walking on them

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Its nice to see the GC get that annoying bug fixed. Still can laser pulled units though. Being objectively weaker than the Ythotha in 99% of situations while costing more was always a sore spot. Hopefully this will encourage counter play. E.g: Flanking to exploiting the GC's firing arc.

However, it looks like the bug was fixed by completely removing the Tractor Claw fire cool down. It was previously supposed to be ~6 seconds if memory serves, but because of the bug it was longer and buggy. The result is the GC hoovers up units as soon as the claw is free. This in turn results in the claws firing faster the closer units are to the claws themselves as there is less distance for the unit to travel while pulled towards the claw. This was mentioned by @Jip in post #4.

Full disclosure, I'm an Aeon main, so seeing the GC be revamped is very nice. This was a change long needed. That said, it pains me to admit that I think it may have gone too far. As it stands the GC is too effective at fighting T3 armies, especially if they move in close.

My suggestion would be to keep everything the same except the speed at which units travel while pulled by the Tractor Claws. By slowing down the speed at which the Tractor Claws pull units towards the Claws themselves (time of flight if you will), you effectively reduce the DPS of the Claws while maintaining the nice interaction between the distance of enemy units to the GC and the effectiveness of the Tractor Claws.

TL;DR - Basically, make it take longer for a lifted unit to reach the claw itself and the problem goes away while keeping the best aspects of the new change.
Please consider my suggestion @Jip.

Also, I noticed that spinning percivals somehow manage to shoot the GC, but this doesn't happen often. Shouldn't their weapons be disabled? Maybe EMP everything being pulled.

Also, I noticed that spinning percivals somehow manage to shoot the GC, but this doesn't happen often. Shouldn't their weapons be disabled? Maybe EMP everything being pulled.

I kept that in as I thought it looked good. Any unit that happens to be able to aim can fire.

My suggestion would be to keep everything the same except the speed at which units travel while pulled by the Tractor Claws. By slowing down the speed at which the Tractor Claws pull units towards the Claws themselves (time of flight if you will), you effectively reduce the DPS of the Claws while maintaining the nice interaction between the distance of enemy units to the GC and the effectiveness of the Tractor Claws.

I already slowed it down, the balance team can slow it down further in their patch @Tagada

even though some new problems have cropped up (beam/animation)

Could you send screenshots of this?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

The Titan's personal shield comes back online too fast after being reduced to 0. Since this is the newest hot place to point out changes that are imbalanced.
Harb shield = 1000. Titan shield = 700.
Time taken for shields to come back online:
Harb = 30 seconds. Titan = 12 seconds
Yes. 300 HP of shield extra takes 18 more seconds to charge.
Fix this.

For other balance suggestions it is best to make a separate thread.

Seriously, add some code for GC to not laser-face invulnerable units being sucked. Also, why are they invulnerable?

I'll look at it 😃

@thewheelie Hello, im coming back after being inactive since 2019 is there a list of patch notes available/unit wiki like on the old forum. Thank you.

Client has change log integrated - Host a game, look bottom right.