Evensong missile misses too much

I just noticed that their serpentine missiles miss a lot. Is this one of Aeon's unique "features"?

Aeon tac missiles are not great. They're also slow, giving them more time to get shot down.

@tankenabard
But they have double the HP.

And deal the most damage. (600)

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@comradestryker With lowest DPS.

The topic is about them missing though, do you have a replay for us about this @Melanol ?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Just sandbox 1000 mml shooting at 1000 wall sections. You'll have a few misses on the Evensong. From my testing in the past, no other faction had this issue.

This issue is an artifact from the days when TMD projectiles didn't have tracking. The Aeon missile would swerve, thus sometimes causing the TMD to miss, but to compensate it also had an extremely low chance of missing. Needless to say this gave Aeon a significant advantage which was OP. But that's the story behind why Aeon missiles are drunk.

@jip I made this replay you totally don't need to watch: https://replay.faforever.com/18681323. In 55 shots, there were 48 hits and 7 misses; so it's 13% chance to miss. Not a lot, but I wish there was none.

What if the target is a t2 pd? Does it only miss something as small as walls?

I don't think it will miss larger targets. But it can easily miss a lot of stationary tech 1, tech 2 and some tech 3 mobile units if it doesn't manage to reliably hit a wall section.

What we can do is decrease the 'drunkness' as it gets closer to the target.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@melanol said in Evensong missile misses too much:

@comradestryker With lowest DPS.

Pretty sure it matches the DPS of the UEF MML... 60 DPS, no?
All MMLs have a similar DPS of around 60.

One more thing, MMLs are best used against static defenses and structures. Like shields and PD. And in small groups, one miss doesn't really do much.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)