Developers patch 3745 - 3748

@t_r_u_putin said in Upcoming developers patch:

ahwassa does not attack the target - clickin on unit selects ahwassa's ground fire option

It doesn't go into ground fire, it still targets the unit when you click on a unit. It just shows you the splash damage too now.

if u will spawn hyves for example in sandbox with cheating - u will lose control on UI. the only way is to select anything to build by com.

Yeah, this is fixed with:

Will be part of the next hotfix, but is not critical. You can also reset it by trying to place down a ping.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

how can you release a patch that changes the key management of the game and not make announcements in the client's news feed?

I see a lot of questions in the chat that a lot of mods don't work, ACU doesn't listen!

all sorts of unnecessary shit there is full of weeks and where is the necessary information?

The information on what UI mods that we're aware of are at the bottom of the changelog:

The same log is shown in-game when you enter the lobby after a new patch is released. That was your announcement. It is mentioned in the text at the top that this list is at the bottom of the changelog.

The game plays with no errors when you play with no UI mods. The only exception at the moment may be target priorities, which was significantly adjusted the day before the patch because of a remote code execution (RCE).

@fractal Best to disable them one by one and find out which ones are no longer compatible. Shouldn't take you more then fifteen minutes, even when you have 15+ UI mods.

Please link integrated mods to its newly options in client

@jip this ahwassa change is unneseecary. even more it make difficulties on retargeting to other unit - splash radius hide image.
i really hate it. pitty that there were no voting on that.

@t_r_u_putin said in Upcoming developers patch:

@jip this ahwassa change is unneseecary. even more it make difficulties on retargeting to other unit - splash radius hide image.
i really hate it. pitty that there were no voting on that.

I don't understand why people think this is 'how it is' now. If you think it is a bad change then I'll see if we can make it optional. Or maybe we can improve the attack reticules themselves as at the moment they are just a white circle texture.

@unknow said in Upcoming developers patch:

Please link integrated mods to its newly options in client

They're not fully integrated, they are primarily deprecated (incompatible) with the current patch. You can find everything we introduced into the game in the changelog:

UI authors are already updating their UI mods - it will just take time. Two examples are Crotalus and Eternal - more will likely follow.

Ive not had a chance to test today’s patch yet but the discord announcement mentions preventing sharing resources via diplomacy and to use the scorecard instead. Has this been tested on coop as in a coop game yesterday (ie pre patch) the teammates’ resources didnt show in the scoreboard so the only way to share was via the diplomacy menu

Ah - well there will be a second hot fix. Yesterday's hot fix fixed the biggest issues. The next hot fix will launch somewhere next weekend, we'll look into the issues we had with the resources button for that fix.

So if I change the settings to what is advised for previous reclaim view why is it still fucked?

Ras Boi's save lives.

Attach a screenshot. I have no idea what "fucked" is supposed to mean

Half the reclaim still does not show up

Where you hold ctrl and shift to show reclaim areas.
Before it would show all the values.
Now even after disabling the batch thing, half the trees dont show up or rocks until you zoom in soo close your basically staring at a tree.

52832904-f2d3-40eb-8e45-d26b671dc840-image.png

Zoomed out
The red area.

92003368-731c-4911-8b20-e5cfc2bf00a0-image.png

Same area now just zoomed in.

Now it shows everything.
Note this is not a reclaim value issue as they are the same reclaim values.
This has only been an issue since the latest update which still has not been disclosed as to the reason for the reclaim change.

If I zoom out half the reclaim does not even show now.
Like why.

Batching is set to off the other values are set to what is advised.

Ras Boi's save lives.

Just make a friendly bug report / feature request. We've shown to be responsive to those the entire year. Just attach a screenshot, tell us what you think is wrong and we'll look at it.

In this particular example we set the limit of the number of labels to 500, instead of a 1000. This was with batching in mind. We simply forgot to adjust that if you disable batching.

We'll take it into account for the next hotfix, set for upcoming weekend.

Thank you

Ras Boi's save lives.

As you added new "Command and cursor interactions" you forgot about the fucking genius "easy reclaim" feature from Random UI improvements. Now mod isnt working and you cant get that feature cuz collision with "random ui improvments".

I dont like "Improved performance of reclaim labels" and i cant change it cuz you made collision with all existing reclaim view mods. I know it is better than default reclaim view but there was some mods that were doing better job and you are forcing me to pick this. Can add "easy reclaim" feature and remove collisions with all reclaim view mods pls?

Good lord someone made "Build Range Preview" mod cuz there is also "advanced camera stuff" fucked.

I'd really like the ability for engineers, combat engineers, and sacus to reclaim only. Currently,
when your mass fills up, they begin to assist units or repair.

Unless it's already included somewhere, can anything be done to bring back the default attack ground/ignore units on at least specific units, i.e. battleships? Having to go back to dragging orders was depressing.

@deletethis said in Upcoming developers patch:

Unless it's already included somewhere, can anything be done to bring back the default attack ground/ignore units on at least specific units, i.e. battleships? Having to go back to dragging orders was depressing.

This has been suggested - we're looking into it. I do not recall attack ground to ever ignore props or units, but maybe I just never looked closely to it.

It was a feature of number two here. Basically the same thing that was used for nukes tml.

That explains. I added that for TMLs, but not for attack ground. I can add that in.