Caster UI design

@Blodir what do factory icons stand for?

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Are they showing each player's highest tech level of each factory type? If so I'd suggest adding a number over the icon indicating the tech level to make it easier to tell at a glance.

@maudlin27 Unfortunately, sim doesn't provide specific information yet, only the fact that unit of a specific tech is built.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

local categoriesToCollect = {
    land = categories.LAND,
    air = categories.AIR,
    naval = categories.NAVAL,
    cdr = categories.COMMAND,
    sacu = categories.SUBCOMMANDER,
    engineer = categories.ENGINEER,
    tech1 = categories.TECH1,
    tech2 = categories.TECH2,
    tech3 = categories.TECH3,
    experimental = categories.EXPERIMENTAL,
    structures = categories.STRUCTURE,
    transportation = categories.TRANSPORTATION
}
for categoryName, category in categoriesToCollect do
            ArmyScore[index].units[categoryName] = {
                kills = 0,
                built = 0,
                lost = 0
            }
end

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@genos said in Caster UI design:

@Blodir what do factory icons stand for?

@maudlin27 said in Caster UI design:

Are they showing each player's highest tech level of each factory type? If so I'd suggest adding a number over the icon indicating the tech level to make it easier to tell at a glance.

Yes, the idea is to show the tech levels and the progress toward the next tech level. Probably should add a number yeah.

Just need to be careful so that player in game can't somehow get access to caster data.

@brannou said in Caster UI design:

Just need to be careful so that player in game can't somehow get access to caster data.

I will be careful 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I would suggest doing this UI in separate layout so casters can switch back.

It is probably easier to make it in new layout rather than trying to modify current layouts on fly

@blodir it would require sim patch to make it send data on UI side about progress, rn it isn't possible, but I had Idea of making separate scoreboard for ladder games when had been creating my own.

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@genos sim mod)

@Eternal :residentsleeper:

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

I think it would look better with data being at the bottom (left vs right) than one on top of each other. I take this is a draft and not a functional UI mod yet?

FAF Website Developer