How many are playing on the physical copy key?

Just a curiosity of mine, I'm playing on the copy when it came out, for $30 in 2007. I've never bought fa just the original supcom.

I bought a physical FA in 2007/8, but you could only play as seraphim on GPGnet with that key, so I also bought a physical gold edition to get the other factions. I think I bought the game on steam later though, because I gave my physical key to some random person in the FAF discord.

@ThomasHiatt wait, really? Only sera? That's hilarious xd

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

yes my key is from february 2007:P i called sick in school to buy it and play the unpatched 1.00 on my athlon xp 2600+ with 512 mb ram and a brand new nvidia 7600GT
was a nice move to get fa for free after activating the key on steam

Playing on DVD key from golden edition of Supcom, released like few years after official release as part of a great "Classics Extra" series. Though I still have original Supcom and 2 more re-releases from gaming magazines lol.

I have the physical keys of Forged Alliance and the deluxe edition of vanilla Supreme Commander (obviously the UEF edition).

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

@genos said in How many are playing on the physical copy key?:

@ThomasHiatt wait, really? Only sera? That's hilarious xd

Supcom had a rare and awesome expansion. Forged alliance is a stand alone expansion so if you had supcom you had the original campaign and could play the 3 original factions online. If you only had fa you could play only sera online, and I think the fa campaign. I can't remember the ruleset for online play I believe it was the fa set as there were anti turtle changes such as t1 mass fabs and lower mex production irc.

When fa came out that when I stopped playing as I didn't have time, I also had a gold mine of a Asus laptop with 16 gb ram that I sold for a profit so I couldn't even play it anymore. I picked faf (and supcom) up at 2020 from seeing random gyle videos.

I have the physical box set for Supreme Commander still on my shelf, bought at launch. FA I didn't get until years later (digital edition including SC).