Legend of The Stars 2022 Championship Tournament

FAF-MakeHistory.PNG

Well, friends of the game that has no equal.....

It is time once again to see who will rise above the 'Sea of Contenders' to claim the Honour, Glory and Prize Pool that recognises the FAF World Champion of 1v1 for 2022.

For my part, I will again kick off the prize pool with US$350 (AU$500).

Please come forth oh thy true believers, help sponsor this Tournament to heights worthy of this game that has enthralled us for oh so many years!

Best of luck contenders, let thy competitive spirit shine true.
LotS

Promo Team has already been at work with the Lots Promotions stuff See here : https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4694/lots-2022-promotion-work-prep

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

The promo art looks great.

Closer to the time, once the TD team has decided how we are going to host it this year as we are not doing invitations we will make a tournament post.

Ras Boi's save lives.

@daxton_the_bold said in Legend of The Stars 2022 Championship Tournament:

Closer to the time, once the TD team has decided how we are going to host it this year as we are not doing invitations we will make a tournament post.

Don't take too long, the tournament took almost two months including qualifiers when there were no invites. Also why has it been decided there are no invites?

I mean I think we just need to wait for @Swkoll to make the post about how LotS is going to be done before we make any guess to what's going to happen

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

LotS is still in the early planning stages for this year, nothing is final, information will be forthcoming as the winter months approach.

Can we have the information now?

Once the Final for the Fall Invitational tournament is completed we will be focusing on this and will provide additional information.

Ras Boi's save lives.

Hello All,

This is a brief statement regarding the Legend of the Stats 2022 timescale.
A more in-depth post will be available soon under the Tournaments Tab.

This years tournament will have 8 invites to the top players.
Followed by two Qualifiers where the top 4 of each qualifier will join the 8 invited players.

Qualifier 1: 19th November 2022.
Qualifier 2: 3rd December 2022.

Followed by a 16 player round robin event group stage.

Group Stage - split between Groups A & B, Groups C & D.
Groups A & B - 10th December 2022.
Groups C & D - 11th December 2022.

This is to increase the number of castable games.

The final 8 will play an elimination bracket the same as the Invitationals prior in this year.

Final 8 - 17th December 2022.
Gold, Silver, Bronze and 4th Place matches - 18th December 2022.

Additional Information will be available soon.

Ras Boi's save lives.

Can we get the more in-depth post now? Qualifier is supposed to start in a week but there's no thread yet.

poor noc

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

I have pinged swkoll for this if he is too busy I will write a post a bit later regarding the 8 players who are invited and for the first qualifier

Ras Boi's save lives.