Ethereal FAF Client 2.0

Hosting mapgen

Features:

1. Client will remember new versions of map generator, that will used in map generation for lobbies, like 1.8.5, 1.8.6, 1.8.7... etc.
  2. Dynamic loading of some map generator settings like: Map style, Map biomes
  3. Finally an ability to generate multiple mapgens and select only one to host!

From a practical/end-user perspective is there a summary of the main differences/benefits of this over the standard client?

@maudlin27

1. Lighter
  2. Faster launch
  3. Faster lobby connections
  4. Faster game launches
  5. Faster reconnections
  6. Faster patch confirming before game launch

Theoretically, things that can be made faster:

1. Map generations
  2. Lobby authorization
  3. Ice adapter

But those things will never happen in near future, because it is different projects

MarcSpector said:

Even process of map generation is faster

Hosting process using local map

btw, you can click on release images and it will redirect you to github release

Is there support for the different game types, in particular FAF Beta Balance and FAF Develop?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

You didn't release first version, but got second one already xd

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Wait until Ethereal FAF Client 3.0 version 2.1

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@brutus5000 Excuse me, this version is much stable and you can safely play custom games xD

Nobody questions that. All we question is why you have 2 version numbers so Client 2 version 1.0.x instead of version 2.0.x

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@Brutus5000 xD I thought it's like Client 2.0 Refresh of Client 1.0

And about versioning, I didn't think too much tbh.

I will fix it with next release then xD