A problem with the FAF client. I can't log in

com.faforever.commons.lobby.LoginException: Could not reach server after 12 attempts
at com.faforever.commons.lobby.FafLobbyClient$createRetrySpec$2.apply(FafLobbyClient.kt:253)
at com.faforever.commons.lobby.FafLobbyClient$createRetrySpec$2.apply(FafLobbyClient.kt:252)
at reactor.util.retry.RetryBackoffSpec.lambda$generateCompanion$4(RetryBackoffSpec.java:557)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxConcatMap$ConcatMapImmediate.drain(FluxConcatMap.java:376)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxConcatMap$ConcatMapImmediate.onNext(FluxConcatMap.java:251)
at reactor.core.publisher.EmitterProcessor.drain(EmitterProcessor.java:537)
at reactor.core.publisher.EmitterProcessor.tryEmitNext(EmitterProcessor.java:343)
at reactor.core.publisher.SinkManySerialized.tryEmitNext(SinkManySerialized.java:100)
at reactor.core.publisher.InternalManySink.emitNext(InternalManySink.java:27)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxRetryWhen$RetryWhenMainSubscriber.onError(FluxRetryWhen.java:190)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoIgnoreThen$ThenIgnoreMain.onError(MonoIgnoreThen.java:278)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxPeek$PeekSubscriber.onError(FluxPeek.java:222)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoCreate$DefaultMonoSink.error(MonoCreate.java:201)
at reactor.netty.resources.NewConnectionProvider$DisposableConnect.onError(NewConnectionProvider.java:140)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoFlatMap$FlatMapMain.secondError(MonoFlatMap.java:192)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoFlatMap$FlatMapInner.onError(MonoFlatMap.java:259)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxOnErrorResume$ResumeSubscriber.onError(FluxOnErrorResume.java:106)
at reactor.core.publisher.Operators.error(Operators.java:198)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoError.subscribe(MonoError.java:53)
at reactor.core.publisher.Mono.subscribe(Mono.java:4397)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxOnErrorResume$ResumeSubscriber.onError(FluxOnErrorResume.java:103)
at reactor.netty.transport.TransportConnector$MonoChannelPromise.tryFailure(TransportConnector.java:534)
at reactor.netty.transport.TransportConnector$MonoChannelPromise.setFailure(TransportConnector.java:488)
at reactor.netty.transport.TransportConnector.lambda$doConnect$7(TransportConnector.java:223)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListener0(DefaultPromise.java:578)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners0(DefaultPromise.java:571)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListenersNow(DefaultPromise.java:550)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.notifyListeners(DefaultPromise.java:491)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.setValue0(DefaultPromise.java:616)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.setFailure0(DefaultPromise.java:609)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultPromise.tryFailure(DefaultPromise.java:117)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.fulfillConnectPromise(AbstractNioChannel.java:321)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:337)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:710)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:658)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:584)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:496)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:997)
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information: lobby.faforever.com/116.202.155.226:8002
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.pollConnect(Native Method)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.pollConnectNow(Net.java:672)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:946)
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:337)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:334)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:710)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:658)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:584)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:496)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:997)
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)

Can you try a different network or a VPN?

After our PM talk, you already tried to solve it via disabling security software/firewall without any success.

disabled ipv6 ?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@magge It looks like the provider has blocked the client's IP. When connecting via another network or using a VPN, the client works

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Did not observe any item or terminal signal within 60000ms in 'sinkOneMulticast' (and no fallback has been configured)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxTimeout$TimeoutMainSubscriber.handleTimeout(FluxTimeout.java:295)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxTimeout$TimeoutMainSubscriber.doTimeout(FluxTimeout.java:280)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxTimeout$TimeoutTimeoutSubscriber.onNext(FluxTimeout.java:419)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxOnErrorResume$ResumeSubscriber.onNext(FluxOnErrorResume.java:79)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoDelay$MonoDelayRunnable.propagateDelay(MonoDelay.java:271)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoDelay$MonoDelayRunnable.run(MonoDelay.java:286)
at reactor.core.scheduler.SchedulerTask.call(SchedulerTask.java:68)
at reactor.core.scheduler.SchedulerTask.call(SchedulerTask.java:28)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)

This happened a few days ago, and I am unsure why. It worked fine two days ago.
Any help would be appreciated

@magge said in Solutions for common errors with the FAF client launcher or supreme commander:

Reason:

Client can not detect that you are logged in from browser

Change default web browser.

Thank you

@magge so I tried numerous web browsers, disabled ipv6 and sometimes I do log in, however when I do it says connecting to FAF in the bottom right next to connected to chat. It fails every single time and kicks me out of FAF and gives me the exact same error as I have mentioned above.
Why is that?

It means that something is blocking your connection to the server or you have a spotty connection to the server

I checked my firewall settings, and the client is allowed. Spotty as in weak?
It worked fine yesterday and the day before and nothing has changed on my side?

I have this problem .... can not login to client.
Was working fine yesterday.
If I do "Login with Browser" it says login successful but the error still prevents client starting.

I've been able to play normally till just a few minutes ago when I open the launcher I get a small message that says: "some services are currently offline 'content' has been offline for 1min 52s. Reason unknown". are the servers down or is it just me? 😞

@doomfiend said in A problem with the FAF client. I can't log in:

I've been able to play normally till just a few minutes ago when I open the launcher I get a small message that says: "some services are currently offline 'content' has been offline for 1min 52s. Reason unknown". are the servers down or is it just me? 😞

I tried logging in after a few minutes and the problem resolved itself. 🙂

I rebooted , reinstalled client and it still failed to login.
Then I opened Steam and tried FAF client again ... logged in normally.
Maybe if I waited a bit the problem could have resolved itself.