Cybran acu superlaser not firing?

Any known issues with the cybran acu superlaser not firing?

I had an issue in this game
https://replay.faforever.com/17308106

I tele over to an enemy acu at the 39min mark and my laser doesn't fire. I checked on the replay, I definitely have the upgrade, check the enemy acu shield and there's no massive damage to it that the superlaser would cause.

Any thoughts?

You called "gg" at 33:24

Telemazor after that is disabled because it would be bad manners

Okay, that was not a serious answer. Serious answer:

You're definitely right that the laser didn't fire. There were no shields around that could have absorbed the shots (like a parashield or a T2 shield). And the weapon firing animation never played for the laser. You had the upgrade. You obviously didn't have "hold fire" on because your ACU was shooting things.

The only thing I can think of is that you gave two teleport orders in a row (one to get in, and one to travel) without first giving an order to attack something. Otherwise I have no idea what would cause that. I believe you can normally fire the laser while you're teleporting, I remember seeing people blow stuff up while they're trying to move to the next target.

Without watching it, the mazer has a minimum range in which it won't fire If you are too close (eg right next to an enemy com).

@angelofd347h said in Cybran acu superlaser not firing?:

Without watching it, the mazer has a minimum range in which it won't fire If you are too close (eg right next to an enemy com).

That is interesting. I like to tele on top of the opposing ACU.

@angelofd347h This could be it i was right beside the enemy acu, holy crap I never knew that, geez!