Aeon and Sera Eng Stations

I have seen pull request about them
https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/3122

Looking at this pull request I see lack of faction diversity.
Aeon one is bad Cybran without upgrades but with underwater
Sera one is just bad Cybran

I suggest making them more different.

For Aeon:
Best and Worst

Make them even more efficient than Cybran but with really small range.
Something like

• 800 mass for 60 BP (13.(3) mass/BP)
    10-15 range (T3 engineer have 7)

For Sera:
Strong and Strange

Something strong and out of pattern. They are aliens after all. Not have to be mine idea.
As I see it:

• 1300 mass per 60 BP (21.(6) mass/BP)
    35 range

upgrades to

• 2600 mass per 120 BP
    50 range

Takes 3x3 slot

For compare:
Cybran: 1050 per 75 BP (14 mass/BP) 25 range
UEF: 1050 per 50 BP (21 mass/BP) no maximum range
T3 Eng: 312 per 30 (10.4 mass/BP) 7 range
SACU with upgrade: 2750+ per 98 (28+ mass/BP) 10 range

Just dumb to give them faction diversity. Well, I think it’s dumb to make new engie stations in the first place but w/e. In teamgames I’m just gonna ask for an engie from the dude with the most efficient station. If that station is punished with shit range to the point i cant have a viable clump of like 20 stations for projects, then I’ll just use the next best one instead.

Giving every faction engie stations -> intended as a solution to late game buildpower bumper cars -> means every faction should have identical ones anyway as they are no longer a “flavor” unit but an evolution of bp.

If there was need to change something i'd give some analog of sparky to aeon... maybe with greater sacrifice capabilities... maybe long range, maybe something else...
and maybe give sera sacus greater base buildpower... but not sure if there is a need for that

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

I pains me to see this community still incapable of thinking outside the box 😞 This was the best you could come up with? Engineering station clones? Didn't even think about, I dunno, giving them an advantage in another gameplay arena other than buildpower that might allow them to win some games, did you? This is an awful change.

in the original TA there were rocket towers, i would love to see those make them attack the direct line of sight unless attached to a radar network

also in the original game there was the "F" key the commander could fire an energized beam using all available energy in storage (Sheilds drop out everything gets diverted) USed as either base attack on heavy installs or against experimental. One-shots to kill a spider two shots to kill GC mega etc --- capped at enough damage to kill a mega in one shot when fully charged....

what do you think oc is?

@TheWheelie said in Aeon and Sera Eng Stations:

what do you think oc is?

OverCharge

I think it's fine as is. Stations are ok, but I like investing in BP that can move. I mostly use the stations as assist targets to mitigate rolloff time. Not that it helps a lot, but it certainly feels nice.

Give hives an enormous range - it'll give Kibran something to get back into the water....

Just stop getting pushed out of the water by 5 frigates and voila, no need for cybran hover. Try scouting your opponent to not get owned by a "surprise fleet" of 30 ships that took 10mins to build. Hur hur hur hurrrrrrhyiebahahabaa

@Whatisbennis said in Aeon and Sera Eng Stations:

Just stop getting pushed out of the water by 5 frigates and voila, no need for cybran hover. Try scouting your opponent to not get owned by a "surprise fleet" of 30 ships that took 10mins to build. Hur hur hur hurrrrrrhyiebahahabaa

Stop talking shit. Air has to be blamed for something.

@KaletheQuick said in Aeon and Sera Eng Stations:

I think it's fine as is. Stations are ok, but I like investing in BP that can move. I mostly use the stations as assist targets to mitigate rolloff time. Not that it helps a lot, but it certainly feels nice.

Actually this going to be nerfed

raw SACU BP will be set to 20
engineer upgrade going to cost 1500 mass

@advena How? What do you know?

Just put sera and aeon t3 engies bp back to 40 and leave there mass cost the same (to negate the bumper cars cost)

@KaletheQuick
Create new game
Set game type to "FAF Beta"
See by yourself

I meant that moving BP (in form of SACU) will be nerfed

This post is deleted!

great idea, feels kind of unbalanced when you can get lots of build power in t2 stage. Late game sacus build power is fine, but when you in t2 stage it feels kind of broken.

are we talking about for mods? I would support adding engineering stations to all factions as a way to keep things in line.