Let's talk telemazer

Everybody knows what telemazer is. Is this balanced? Thoughts?

Seems balanced to me. Reasonably easy to counter in most respects. My main concern is the other factions lack a tele-snipe option.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

If all factions were the same, it would be boring right? Also every faction has tele. Those that don't have it on acu have it on the sacu

Soon™️

@KaletheQuick said in Let's talk telemazer:

My main concern is the other factions lack a tele-snipe option.

seraphim have teleporting rambo sacus for telesniping and aeon are the only faction that have sacu teleport-instant-exp (usually a GC), really the only faction without some kind of telesnipe are UEF

@Mach Yeah I get what you are saying, but I'd put the ACU telemazer into a different category there. I'm not sure about the exact numbers but I think it's a lower investment to get a telemazer. I have seen and done tele GC a lot recently because it is just that cool, but I have never seen it be as decisive as a telemazer.

You are right though, in that there are a variety of late game teleportation strategies.

But to get back to @FunkOff and the telemazer specifically, I feel it is reasonably balanced, because the cybran commander is so low HP, and if we are talking using it as a snipe option it's reliably countered by getting the shield for your com, putting down some t1 pd, and keeping some t1 arty around. It somewhat encapsulates the game in a microcosm. You could win with a bold snipe attempt or lose it all.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

yes it is a lower investment but its a lot riskier too, as its your ACU that you are teleporting, while other faction's teleports use disposable sacus which dont immediately lose you the match if they get destroyed but cost more to get, so just saying that it is balanced

and those arent as decisive because before the point where they are a viable strategy to use from their costs, most matches are over already due to other reasons, unlike telemazor you can viably get earlier

@Mach I have seen used players tele porting and going billy nuke XD Works well in some cases...

Soon™️

@axel12 i sure hope that tp Billy nuke was worth it since just for a setup already sounds insane...

Personally my hot take would be for aeon and uef tp have cheaper to both for upgrade and for teleport execution, maybe more uef then aeon.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

you can tele snipe with sera acu too

@KaletheQuick I agree that the biggest issue is only one faction has a useful ACU teleport. I'm not sure it's balanced because it's so good. It can clearly lots of things and isn't limited to ACUs. Telemazer threatens bases too.

@keyser said in Let's talk telemazer:

you can tele snipe with sera acu too

I saw this for the first time yesterday.

So can we add teleportation options for Aeon and UEF?

Telemazer is really only a last-ditch gambit; the power cost is astronomical to obtain and savvy opponents always know it's coming.

Is it fun? Yes. Satisfying when you pull it off and maybe even win the game. However it's got a smell to it; a poor substitute in lieu of having dominated.

I'm always looking for more ways to have shens, and tbh I'd rather have rapid fabrication than mazer if you have to have a telecombo.

Having mazer alone is a useful teledef in of itself but that cancels out its utility. I'd rather make mazer cheaper to get and get rid of the telemazing combo entirely.