cybran t3 navy

This probably should be moved out of balance discussion imo. It stopped being a balance discussion as per the requirements for that a long time ago.

That being said, the test @Lorem_Ipsum wants to do doesn’t exist in the way he wants it to. Taking away stealth from cybran is just dumb. At that point take away UEF shield boats and force aeon to make the same ratio of frig to bs as cybran in mass. It’s not a test of anything. A 2k player will destroy simply because of better micro and unit comp over a person with 100 games. I’ve literally played more games as Cybran navy than you’ve played games period.

You need air to balance out Cybran stealth which has its own whole can of worms when it comes to balance. Often torps are often best counter to barracudas if you’re UEF and don’t feel like making coopers but if you’re Aeon then just sit a destro on them. Tempest crush cybran bs but then cybran frig swarm can crush tempest as long as you micro frigs well. Usually you need t3 to counter Aeon destro spam since they snowball hard. It’s not a case of “oh this one unit is slightly weaker than its counterparts, must need a buff” it's how the whole thing works together.

@spikeynoob i rly wanna use shieldboats they are an integral part of uef navy and what imo makes use of bc over bs viable, when you want to use stealth that badly we can make normal fog of war basic radar coverage the terms of engagement, wanted to do this when it is clear that under previous rules cybran cant compete but if thats the only way to make this happen im willing to try.

@Exselsior a tempest can beat an infite number of frigs when it submerges, i can also do this to bs since it outregens the torps fairly quickly.

Then the frigs and bs crush all build power and the tempest barely does anything. Tempest then dies to ground fire from cybran bs. Also you’re saying you need shield boats because they’re an integral part of the navy for UEF while at the same time taking away stealth from cybran??

Yea def should be moved from balance section. Mr ipsum can u explain what this means "wanted to do this when it is clear that under previous rules cybran cant compete"

@spikeynoob i wanted to give myself an advantage knowing ill be playing ppl double or triple my rating, give me break okay, an advantage btw containing to a single of 4 factions and the removal of which will enable radar jamming of uef frigates as a counterpart

@spikeynoob said in cybran t3 navy:

Yea def should be moved from balance section

But that's the point of having a balance section:

-All balance discussions MUST be in the balance section

-And everything in the balance section MUST comply with balance section rules

It's a way to prevent threads like this from existing in the first place, or at least having an excuse to lock them

@arma473 but why tho, if not for this thread my classes would be so much more boring 😛

Idk I kinda want this thread to exist. It has been making my hour commute into the office more entertaining the past couple days and I don’t think it has quite gotten too toxic, though it might be getting there. But yes shouldn’t be in balance discussion at least

Mkay I think we've exhausted any valuable balance feedback this thread may have. Locked