Completely 2.1k+ ladder scene is dead

Agreed, but it's better than nothing. The vast majority of us will never be able to hit 2k ladder, or even 2k global in team games outside of gap/astro, but an openness amongst higher rated people to help lower rated ones couldn't hurt. I liked Tagada's open training sessions and stuff like that would be cool to be hosted by other higher rated people as one example. More flair for hitting those ratings probably wouldn't hurt either as was mentioned earlier in this post but I think that's already being partially addressed with the league system perhaps?

Anyway, currently I see people just get toxic when they get up to 2k or close to it, and I see other people who are 2k say those newer people aren't real 2ks and other gatekeeping bs. Bad combo that makes everything worse. How to fix that? I've got no clue at the moment, I'm just saying what I've personally noticed.

@banan3 I told in context of " I choose a Nexus, BH, Petric or somebody skill full who playing every day year by year, creating smth new strategics, good playing, streaming, talking with subs, making videos, activity in the balance things, and he is one, instead of 40 Gap Players, who isnt even did smth in FAF instead of playing gap, trashtalking and also out from game for 8-9 month or smth same. I cant talking about " I am" I talking what I choose, also I am talking about high scene, what completly off from standart playing, I cant mean is "my friends out I am blaa-bla" I told about there no opponents cuz of low activity and its a good way to work on it, at least untill it got fixed or fullish die.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

@exselsior Idk, I am making some teaching videos for Russian auditory of laddering, also streams where ppls may ask about smth or ask for training one game, also all personal questions In discord I am always answering, But I for true reallity know only 3 peopls who get smth progress, other just out from faf, or playing smth they most intrested instead of trainings in ladder.

@automated Problem in the interest players, they are not involved at game progress, thats may be harder, or "have bigger ambitions" "smth they may interest" not in any agitation. From my person, I may create tourney, but i have no power for creating any ava's or access of technical to create smth for interest of continue playing. I sign up under if old wanna leave, and new become on their place, but at least indeed some work for keeping olds may be.

Although if there is such a dispute here, then you simply physically cannot understand that the rating system is not relevant, that a 2400 player has more problems getting into tournaments due to a high rating and the team will be weaker so much that they will interfere. There is no rivalry at all, because the players leave because they are not welcome here, and there is nothing else to do. I would not say that I am particularly direct friends with someone from those who left. But I'm more than upset that I can't play with the strong people that are gone.

I'm not trying to say here that Morax, FTX or anyone else is to blame. I'm not trying to say that high-ranking players who are no longer interesting should be tried with all their might to keep. But I personally don't want to lose the players that I have, like Thomas, Ajux and the other guys, and I insist on developing the pro scene to keep the integrity of the high scene team. I think on this message, I will close the dialogue, I did not arrange a conference here, an argument or something like that. I expressed my opinion and it was not just thoughts, but rather a "cry for help". Maybe they can listen to it. Also, I may be wrong, and if all the current olds 2100+ leave, perhaps the current 1800 will come to replace them and faf will breathe a second life, but when it will not be clear.Thats all.

@exselsior if all the 2k+ players leave then 1.9k will become the new 2k+!

Please do not leave here more disputes, insults, that I am bad or something like that. It is better to offer ideas so that something could change. If we do not quarrel, but work together and build mutual understanding, it can result in something more favorable to all sections of society.

P.S. I'm so retarded and I don't know how to close the topic. But thats my last message here.

@snowy801 We will lose all development progress from Zook->petrik-->bh--->nexus--->tagada--->dead end. New start---> new history, but lower level.

Please do not leave here more disputes, insults, that I am bad or something like that. It is better to offer ideas so that something could change. If we do not quarrel, but work together and build mutual understanding, it can result in something more favorable to all sections of society.

Also if Banan u have any problems in I talking here, cuz I see ur huge agression at ur context, we may talk at the Discord about it, and discuss, what u mean under "EGO".

P.S. I'm so retarded and I don't know how to close the topic. But thats my last message here.

I wasn't insulting anyone, I'm just saying there will always be a "top level"

I see 0 downsides about the level being lowered, except in the sense that well known community members leaving which is always sad. But it's their choice how to spend their free time.

Could actually use the ladder league system and make a 2k+ division and give people prizes. I don't think there is anything FAF can do to get me to play again though. Assume it's the same for Adjux and many of the other players.

Why did you bring this topic up. If everything is very simple, it makes no sense to go to the ladder for beginners.

1. Long to grow (it is difficult to understand your mistakes, and even harder to correct them)
  2. Well, you take 1500 ladder, and then what? no opponents
  3. All tournaments for old players with 2k+
    And most importantly, why would he want to play ladder? He will not see the prize fund, there is no incentive

there are rumors that the league system is a good way to attract $ funds to your pocket, maybe that's the point, it's about money, and not about seeing an honest, strong and competitive game 1х1

Can you clarify how the league system is supposed to attract money? And for who?

@blackyps said in Completely 2.1k+ ladder scene is dead:

Can you clarify how the league system is supposed to attract money? And for who?

If players are only playing the game in the possibility of earning money, aren't we basically sponsoring them to play?
If players don't want to play, that's their choice, life is too short to do things you no longer enjoy.

@scout_more_often said in Completely 2.1k+ ladder scene is dead:

@blackyps said in Completely 2.1k+ ladder scene is dead:

If players are only playing the game in the possibility of earning money, aren't we basically sponsoring them to play?
If players don't want to play, that's their choice, life is too short to do things you no longer enjoy.

And how is this relating to league system?

No, you're in the mindset that FAF is a job and the intent of a prizepool is to be a cost-benefit analysis where FAF needs to compete with other forms of wage that a person is capable of doing with their 8 hours a week.

The point of a prizepool is that people have X ways to spend their freetime. They could play a game they find very fun because their 2 real life friends are playing it or a new game they have some hype for or an old game they got some nostalgia for. However, if these players have 1000 hours in FAF where they got good at it and can now invest 5-6 hours on a weekend to win some money thanks to that investment, they'll play FAF over those other potential expenditures. If they found FAF entirely unfun, that prize needs to be basically $50 an hour or whatever the time preference of that player is, if you find FAF (or the tournament itself) fun, you need less.

In terms of league prizes, you would be rewarding activity on a different scale. I wouldn't do something like "if you got 1st-3rd in this league you get X or Y money" because it really doesn't incentivize a lot of the high level where the few dudes that have free time due to being in schooling can spend double the time searching. Instead you should take the top X dudes and then do a tournament with them, where the X value is low enough to make it possible for everyone to feel they have a shot at getting in without it being so low that it pretty much does nothing to incentivize searching. Basically, I'd do some refinement of the league -> league series event if cash got involved.

new players will rise, old players will go, cycle of life bro
Money will never be a solid motivator