Small suggestions topic

@jip I know there are chat commands for this, but a rank total and quality number displayed for everyone in the lobby would be really helpful in settling discussions about balance.

Thanks!

better cpu test, allot of people play on low end laptops by 29 minutes its pure cancer to play.

@deribus said in Small suggestions topic:

I'd just give it the default structure selection sound, don't see a reason for it to have a special one

@deribus Totally agree + the same for Aeon EYE, which is even more important, as this building gets selected very often. There is no new information passed to the user when playing this special sound -- I just clicked on the building, I know exactly what building I am selecting.

@t_r_u_putin_ said in Small suggestions topic:

Show the total score of each team in the lobby. To make it easier to balance

And also how many games the team played in total.

I'm looking into the team statistics but the lobby is a bit out of space.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Reduce the countdown timer for people who lost connection to 30 seconds, or at least have a mod that we can enable if we want to have a reduced countdown timer.

@jackosaur said in Small suggestions topic:

@jip Reduce the countdown timer for people who lost connection to 30 seconds, or at least have a mod that we can enable if we want to have a reduced countdown timer.

This is a lobby option since the last patch, see also this pull request on Github. The host will need to set this option.

b8632df6-1886-4f39-a980-5acfac24d3a5-image.png

This post is deleted!

Stargate based portal.

https://i.imgur.com/pYLRICZ.png

player character to instantaneously travel between previously discovered locations (teleport waypoints or fast travel points) without having to traverse that distance in real time. Or objects in the game world may move through portals while
conserving their momentum.

LOUD did that already 😆

@deribus said in Small suggestions topic:

Make radar selection not make the exact same sound as a ping

The amount of times I selected a radar and zoomed out in panic to see where the ping was xD

profile picture credits to petric

If power reserves are going to last less than 1 minute at the current rate, provide an audible alarm "Low Power!" once every 30 seconds at most. So if "ENERGY / Power_Deficit < 60 seconds".

This might help new players (and players like me) enormously to avoid power stalls. This is the only game I know that does NOT warn about low resources.

@Jip
It would be helpfull to have Information in game creation menu if choosed map is ranked or not.
This can be filter or icon or something other, thats up to you.
2022-01-19_17-45-18.png
Additionaly this information in game search menu would be usefull too.

@freemp said in Small suggestions topic:

Add a button close to where player "x" which sends them a notification asking them to "x" when they are not ready (instead of having to go on the desktop, to tell them to x).

Just in case this proposition hasn't be seen. I think it would be very usefull to wake afk up easily!

The notification could be a message in the chat, or could make "blink" the game icon like when the game appears to be full!

Thanks for all the work on faf.

Hi

thanks for the oppotunity.

Make FAF chat include history of chat

sometimes... I miss messages and would like to open the chat with the players and see the history .. would be nice to switch it into and inbox system

@jip here is my wishlist of small changes!

1 - Change the sound of the SCU exploding to anything other than the sound an ACU explosion makes... this feels minor to me. This has been a thing causing both casters and player heart attacks for years. SCUs exploding and tricking us into thinking a com just died or a nuke landed is kinda annoying imo.

2- Adding a UI element to replays that shows more player stats (APM, Resources lost, idle engies.) would help casters a ton. I'm actually unsure how minor to major this is but gonna propose the idea.

3- Firebeetles should have both cloak and stealth. They feel so much more jank to use since the changes and adding stealth would allow us to use them at least a little more since you will need omni to see them.

4- Add some sort of reward for playing ladder (any of them) my suggestion is some kind of cosmetic Ego inflating thing that shows up by your name in custom lobbies for achieving higher ratings in ladder.

5- Integrate Nomads into base FAF mod. 😄 this change is totally a small one. /s

Integrate Nomads into base FAF mod.

No.

Hi

• when you are overflowing mass or energy a background sound plays... one that makes sense and gives the impression of a leakage.. it should be distinct audios one for mass and one for energy .it should be an option in audio that plays can voice to turn on or off

• list itemWhen an engineer is on an attack move or patrol to do reclaim. make engineer automatically choose the highest mass amount item within build range.

@willowsduality said in Small suggestions topic:

Integrate Nomads into base FAF mod.

Nomads is unfinished and Unbalanced

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

I think people missed the /s 😛