RCVII ~ 4v4 AI ~ Tournament Dev

@Fearghal https://discord.gg/Hyr7Bacj A lot of the Ai dev's Live here so feel free to ask them more directly here about stuff 🙂 Also are you in the Promotions discord if so ill get you added to the Tournament discussion chat so we can talk promo material 🙂

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

If I am not mistaken AIs are not that well versed with naval battles. I'd say it needs to be a bit higher than a multiplier used on a land-based map.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

~~

Will replay IDs be posted as the games happen and/or will games need to have a specific title so they can be easily located in the vault? Eg as there’ll be a few days between losers round 4 and the final day if any issues come up in that time for M27 there’s a chance I could do something to fix them ahead of the final

~~

I think the client will auto download the ai version the replay was done unde; the only way for a new version to be backwards compatible would be if the changes made had no impact so I dont think it’d be practical

@fearghal said in RCV ~ Masters of AI Tournament Dev:

Would be nice if newer versions of AI's were backward compatible and able to show/replay
older version games.

Not possible.
As soon as you change any sim command you will change the sim checksum and cause a desync with the replay.

Would say it's generally bad form to do smth like update AI in the middle of a tournament. If people experimented and found things to exploit in certain scenarios, they could at least be given the opportunity to get the boons for their efforts.

Kind of like releasing a balance patch in the middle of a major tournament.