FAF Website Main Video

About

So the past week I've been working on a local version of the website and planning out improvements to it.

After talking with Javi/Fury & Jip we were discussing the image on the main screen that uses a Supcom 2 Image[1].

03c578d0-72ae-48fe-89c5-51fe71dc9a48-image.png

we were talking about how possible would it be to have a range of photos just sliding thought, turned out this was a more complicated way of doing things so we asked the next logical question how hard is it to add a video in replacement of the Image. After many hours of trial and error, we got a working video playing on the website in replacement of the Supcom2 image.

9daa96cc-feb4-4fec-97fa-93fdd08498d0-image.png
Yes the Video is of C&C it was just a placeholder while I was getting the video format in the right place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_kvfBaCkQ <-- This is an Unlisted video so you can see how it looks

to get the most out of the video I increased the Viewport where the image was which subsequently give us a clean front page when it first loads up and we don't have the split of 2 1/2 sections showing in the default view without scrolling.

why do we need to know about this?

The reason I'm making this post now we have the ability of a video on the main page we need a Supcom/FAF video to put there.

So here I am making these posts if anyone is wanting to help out with some development of the website in creating the main page video here are the few things you need to start creating.

• Resolution : 1920 X1080
  • File Size : No more than 60Mb
  • Audio: There does not need to be an audio track as the video is muted
  • Content : This is to showcase FAF gameplay to get people interested
  • Text: The video should not contain any text for inspiration please look at the youtube link up above on how the C&C video looks

Submissions

Please Upload your creation to youtube as an Unlisted Video and Post your links to this Forum post!

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@Kazbek Do you still have the Source file for this ?

The trailer of Kazbek is extremely smooth - that is def. a good choice.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

all that need changin on it is the remove of the text at the end

@rowey You can download video directly from Youtube and cut useless part

@rowey I guess I still have it

@Eternal how you downlod dircet from youtube ?

@rowey You can google youtube to mp4, there's like a trillion options like: https://iyoutubetomp4.com/en/

the only issue a lot of them are limited to 720p Res hence why I was asking about if he had the original file

Give me a place where I can place 500mb file. After you can crop what you want on it.

Having an auto playing video on the website doesnt sounds like a good idea

@speed2 said in FAF Website Main Video:

Having an auto playing video on the website doesnt sounds like a good idea

It won't make sound - just an animation sequence like BAR has:

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

You can't put a 5mb+ file as a background video on the main page...

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@Brutus5000 can you explain why its a 5mb+ cap for the main page. whats the limitation ? the clip being use was ripped from the C&C website for testing and its 8.7Mb

@rowey i think it should be light to load it faster

Yeah, you don't wanna have a mobile user suddenly see 500mb disappear from their packet.
Though it's entirely possible to get this video 2 min video to like 30-40MB. Though I still think this is gonna be too much.

the current clip was using is 20 seconds and is only 8.8mb wich to me doesn't seem that much of a streach