The function of automatically building mass storage around the miners.

My only concern is that if we add a command like that in the game, we basically say that using it is "correct" as otherwise, why would it be there?
That is why not all suggestions were included. I am personally not of the opinion that everything has to be optimal - it just has to be decent. I'm eager to hear other opinions!

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Ringing radars by rightclicking shouldn't be added. Aside from omni's, which you only build 1 per game of, you basically don't ring any radars since the very small e you get from it is not worth the detriment of making pgens in vunerable places and making it easier for your opponent to spot your radars

I'll add it to just the omni radar then.

I always try to ring my T2 radars, I even have a template for that.

Yeah I gotta agree with tagada, ringing a t2 radar is definitely efficient, so at least a 2 click command for it is almost certainly useful and quite unlikely to use by accident.
Imo a 1 click command would be fine too, cause when do you ever assist a non-upgrading radar unintentionally?

Edit: I'm wrong actually.
Ringing a t2 radar with t1 pgens only gives you an additional 38 energy in adjacency bonus, i.e. 9.5 additional energy per t1 pgen.
That is slightly less efficient energy per mass than a t2 pgen is:
t1 pgens around a t2 radar:
(20e+9.5e)/75m = 0.39e/m
t2 pgen, no adjacency:
500e/1200m = 0.42e/m

By the same logic as for the t3 fabs, I'd say wheelie is right and we want the command only for ringing omnis.

Never said it isnt efficient, just that its 10x easier for your opponent to spot and kill it.

@CheeseBerry it may not be as efficient, but it is quick and dirty especially when you do not have the man power to make a t2 pgen. I'll remove it for the t1 radar and keep the t2.

Whatever you do can we not have new things enabled by default?

This is based on the old feature (mass extractor capping). Do you want me to turn it off by default?

Let get real technical, how much e does it save if you ring a t1 radar and then upgrade it to T2, do you save on upgrade cost?

If it’s good enough of a feature to add then it should be enabled by default since in the long term it decreases complaints about lack of automation, unintuitive garbage, whatever.

Personally I still don’t like nor use the automatic mass storages so I’d just immediately turn this off too. Also don’t really think it warrants being added into the game because then you’re making some random things in the game have some reaction that other things don’t. Like no one new is going to understand why t1 radar assist doesn’t do anything and will likely only find that t2 radar autorings by sheer luck.

How about putting all features discussed here in a mod? Then you can also go to town with rings for other buildings and options to customize everything

Gotta agree with FTX here and say features like this should always be enabled be default.

It's by far the easiest way to communicate that they exist, and they wouldn't be implemented if they weren't useful to a significant percentage of the player base.
(Also turning them off is quick and easy)

@Jip Fair enough, I don't really have a strong opinion here either as I can definitely see situations were you would want to ring your t2 radar. Tagada is doing it after all

Hey look tagada just jumped off a cliff

In that case jumping of a cliff must be optimal gameplay as I'm incapable of doing anything but blindly copying the highest rated player in the room

I've updated the behavior and it is merged to FAF Develop:

• Capping now always requires shift.
  • Capping is typically one click, except for fabricators: that is 3 clicks.
  • T1 radars can no longer be capped unless they are upgrading to tech 2.

I'd love to hear some feedback again.

When issues orders I typically click first (like a move or build or assist) so I cancel any orders then use shift to issue more

Might hang up capping mexes

Could a t3 Mex that is capped be re assisted to cap with fabs?

Could a t3 Mex that is capped be re assisted to cap with fabs?
Yes!

Might hang up capping mexes
It is the same behavior as before - just for more structures.

@blackyps I think ringing mexes, radars and other things should be default. Makes it way easier to interact with this issues and I doubt most people will complain that right clicking twice their t2 radar made pgens, why are you right clicking your radar twice then lol

FAF Website Developer

cuz i got more engies for the radar upgrade