Seraphim Coop Campaign Suggestions

Just having played the first mission "Fort Clarke Assault", I thought it was great, even tho it still felt a bit empty compared to the official campaign because it had no transmissions or voice acting at all.
Maybe an idea to make it a bit more lively would be to have the Seraphim listen in on some of the transmissions you would normally hear in the campaign (especially the death transmissions when failing) or just some of the Seraphim threats.

This would have the advantage of massively reducing development time by using already given elements and letting the player experience some of the content, they would normally not get (assuming that you won´t fail every campaign mission).

We're all up for it - but we're lacking the manpower. I encourage you to pick it up, get the mapper and modder role in #role-selection in the FAF discord and start asking questions to learn how to achieve it. You'll find out it is all quite rewarding until you introduce a hard-crash on accident on the branch that everyone plays 🙂 .

But you'll not run into those type of issues for the task ahead.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

With regards to the voice tracks I do know the original voice tracks are not included due to copyright concerns.

@sheikah Thats not true. They are included for the vanilla campaigns.
For taking content of FA, you dont even need to make players download it, since everyone already has it. So it's easier to use.

@fringillus said in Seraphim Coop Campaign Suggestions:

Just having played the first mission "Fort Clarke Assault", I thought it was great, even tho it still felt a bit empty compared to the official campaign because it had no transmissions or voice acting at all.
Maybe an idea to make it a bit more lively would be to have the Seraphim listen in on some of the transmissions you would normally hear in the campaign (especially the death transmissions when failing) or just some of the Seraphim threats.

This would have the advantage of massively reducing development time by using already given elements and letting the player experience some of the content, they would normally not get (assuming that you won´t fail every campaign mission).

Yeah, I know what you mean, the thing is the mission isnt really finished. I never fully finished the last part. And dialogues are the last one to come one the gameplay is settled.

@speed2 said in Seraphim Coop Campaign Suggestions:

For taking content of FA, you don't even need to make players download it, since

Then I stand corrected. Apologies. For some reason I thought some of the vocals weren't included but maybe that was cutscenes. But anyway ignore what I said.

@sheikah if I remember correctly the issue is with content from the original supcom, since faf only checks that you own fa. So you weren't wrong (not completely at least).

@jip Let´s see if i got time for that after my master´s degree 😅
Tho I will definitly continue to support FAF on Patreon. Keep up the awesome work!

And you're welcome if or when the time comes 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned