Rating system is not rating certain games although it should

Recently I encountered an issue with some games I played with my friends. Technically the game completed without any issues like desyncs etc. We played two games on Twin Rivers with a day apart, but after the games in the place where there is a 'Show rating change' button I see a text 'Game was not rated. Unknown result'. Is there any reason why it showed up? The games should be rated. I would ignore it, but it happend twice in the row. Is it a bug of the FAF rating system or there was a reason behind this?

Here are the replays IDs: #15376517 and #15370284.

I would be gratefull for any info.

Yes - we were afraid of this. Please keep reporting them as it continues to happen.

At the moment we do not have a clear idea of the cause of this - therefore we need more data.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip I've got a decent number of games like this. I can't at the moment but if I remember later I can send you some of those replay IDs if that's helpful.

Yes - please do so. It allows us to try and find a pattern between them.

We noticed similar behavior on the dev branch but we thought it was incidental at the time. There wasn't enough data to be sure. Sadly, we're also not sure what causes it at the moment. Hence, more data is very welcome.

Few more for you to get started with:

Thank you - I'll start digging into this tonight.

Jip thanks for all your hard work, us players appreciate it!

Looks like I can't view the rating change on any of my replays, i click the show rating change button, it goes a different shade and then no info is fetched and displayed. Maybe you are working on things right now?

That is the very issue we're looking into with this topic 🙂

Right so since I already spent many hours researching this issue and making fixes for it (which were all reverted in the last patch because they also happened to cause the draw bug xD) I’ll chime in here. As far as I could tell the issue happens when players disconnect from the game before it’s fully over. So in theory it should happen more with bigger, longer games where people die early and then leave, and it should be less of an issue in 1v1. So I guess that would be a useful piece of information to have when posting replay ids since this info is not necessarily available in the log file.

@jip Here's one that just happened #15382566 game_15382566.log

#15388100 #15382227

Keep them coming - still trying to track down and understand what is exactly happening.

@ness75

How many games do you need to play to get a rating? I’ve played 18 and says only 31% through rating?

According my observations problem with rating happens when last player of team that loosing kill himself with ctrl+k.

Add Ids games with this issue:

@dimamir said in Rating system is not rating certain games although it should:

According my observations problem with rating happens when last player of team that loosing kill himself with ctrl+k.

Add Ids games with this issue:

Interesting observation - I'll take it into account. We're still not entirely sure as to what is happening, and just reverting will bring back the 'draw bug'.

@jip said in Rating system is not rating certain games although it should:

just reverting will bring back the 'draw bug'.

That’s still better than the current situation isn’t it? I doubt that at this point it’s really hot fixable. The hot fix is already 2 days later than planned, I say just unrevert my rating fix kludge and then put out the hot fix. You can keep working on trying to fix it after that but at least peoples games won’t be unrated so often.

It wasn't your rating fix - it was someone else's. There's other things that need to be attended to as well, such as the damage area's that got added throughout the base code breaking various mods.

edit: earlier today I made a milestone about the things I think should be in the patch. You can read up about it here on Github.

We can't patch any earlier than next Monday as Keyser is not around and I'm not comfortable enough to do it myself yet.

Right, I just saw your other post about the new scheduled date.

Hi,
I had the same problem :
#15426951 (I won)
#15388702 (I won)
#15387522 : This one was OK (I lost)
#15387258 (I won)
#15381706 : This one was OK (I won)

Thank you for your great job:)

Thank you for sending them over 👍