Some unit questions

I got some unit questions:

1. What is the effectiveness ratio of t2 fighter bombers vs interceptors? I am pretty convinced that interceptors are more cost effective, but by how much? How many interceptors can a t2 fighter bomber handle? Is there a difference between cybran and uef/seraphim?

2. How worth it is the tempest nowadays? It used to be pretty shit in vanilla FA, but it's been buffed in FAF. How does it hold up in t3 navy battles now?

3. Novax vs t3 arty. Is it me or is Novax just the superior choice nowadays? Its still a niche unit, but the perfect accuracy and vision just makes it so nasty, you can instantly interdict all mass and build power, and the moment they try to shield you just blab it away as well. I don't see a good reason to pick t3 arty now unless maybe the enemy consists of a single heavily shielded base.

@cptant said in Some unit questions:

I got some unit questions:

1. What is the effectiveness ratio of t2 fighter bombers vs interceptors? I am pretty convinced that interceptors are more cost effective, but by how much? How many interceptors can a t2 fighter bomber handle? Is there a difference between cybran and uef/seraphim?

Maybe I shouldn't answer this because I'm too lazy to double check and I don't know an exact answer, but I think it goes janus > notha > corsair in terms of killing inties. Mass for mass inties beat fighter bombers, at least if you micro them well.

1. How worth it is the tempest nowadays? It used to be pretty shit in vanilla FA, but it's been buffed in FAF. How does it hold up in t3 navy battles now?

It's good and you should use it. Needs a lot of baby sitting though to keep enemies as far from it as possible. If you can't or don't want to do that then probably don't bother making it. Having it protected with the Aeon hover flak and hover shields is also important.

1. Novax vs t3 arty. Is it me or is Novax just the superior choice nowadays? Its still a niche unit, but the perfect accuracy and vision just makes it so nasty, you can instantly interdict all mass and build power, and the moment they try to shield you just blab it away as well. I don't see a good reason to pick t3 arty now unless maybe the enemy consists of a single heavily shielded base.

Heh. I kinda hate sats. I'm biased here. In some situations they're entirely too effective for their cost imo, and in others they're quite bad. More specific answer:

10x10 map with compact bases? Make a t3 arty. 20x20 map with tons of spread out eco? Make a sat. You have huge eco and are base simming in that situation? Make two sats and then a mavor. Something between those, like a 20x20 with compact bases? Probably arty, but kinda depends.

Edit: To elaborate on "kinda depends" here are some things to consider. Do you have Aeon to make an eye? If not then sats are super nice for their intel and that's a nice perk. Your team already has a t3 arty or two? Then make a sat and use it in conjunction with the arty to kill enemy shields as soon as they go down to arty, that way shields die without any random misses from arty. You can't build an arty that's safely in range of good targets? Then make a sat. They have shields everywhere and are turtling hard? Make an arty

What about Rambo SACU's? What is their niche? Obviously it is nice to have engineering capability, but other then that, how do they compare to T3 land and experimentals?

They have enormous HP for their cost but very little DPS.

The next balance patch is focused on them though so that's subject to change.

@deribus said in Some unit questions:

They have enormous HP for their cost but very little DPS.

The next balance patch is focused on them though so that's subject to change.

I guess having more Hp and the abillity to construct makes them a more appealing option when you have lost air control, right?