Newbie here. Why not a lot of Aeon?

I just don't see a lot of Aeon. Part of it might be my low ranking, but I don't see a lot of Aeon on the high level video casts, either.

From reading guides and talking to people it seems it's due to:

• Aurora is "the best T1 tank" but is really hard to use
  • Read one guide that said Aeon T2 land is garbage
  • Basically was told "survive ok T1 but worthless T2 and go to harbs," which seems like a really limiting strategy

Is the faction not considered well balanced in FAF, or is it just difficult to use but really good in the hands of a few skilled players?

Wars of Glory: FAF reimagined. Now casting (somewhat) regularly!

Discord link in the Mod Vault description!

The guides you read are probably outdated since aeon t2 land isnt garbage anymore

If you want to see how much aeon there is at high level, you can search ranked 1v1s (ladder matches) with a ratings filter. Looking at the most recent 20 ladder matches where at least one of the two players has 1800+ rating, I see 5 games with aeon. Also only 9 games with UEF, so all 4 factions are getting a decent amount of play.

And the Aeon numbers should be higher in team games because (1) a lot of people play random faction in team games, and (2) a lot of people like Aeon in team games because they have nice units and specific aeon weaknesses are offset by having teammates.

Love Aeon, played them in FAF from beginning.

However, I think the accessibility of Aeon would be much improved if the Aurora tank was given radar radius 30. With such a small radar not building scouts isn't so punishing anymore and noobs can just spam and attack move with them.

That would be completely broken if Aurora had radar range that extended past its current range @Valki

Aeon is a bit harder to play than the other factions generally speaking, but their balance is pretty good overall imo. Their bad t1 frigs are probably their biggest weakness but their destros are quite good to compensate. Well managed auroras crush, but it takes constant awareness of what's going on. They're not my favorite faction to play though and I feel that a lot of others feel the same way which is part of why you don't see them as much.

@exselsior said in Newbie here. Why not a lot of Aeon?:

That would be completely broken if Aurora had radar range that extended past its current range @Valki

Why? When I was 500 rated I already had 1 scout every 5 auroras. The 30 radar adds nothing that a moderately rated player already has. Sniping scouts is not part of the anti Aeon meta.

It will only affect new low rated players who don't build scouts. With radar, without kite micro, autoras are still near worthless. And let me re emphasize the benefit, that we could see more new people choosing and sticking with Aeon.

IF top players cut down on scouts as a result of this change then you can add 1 mass and 10 buildtime to Aurora cost.

Aurora not needing scouts would end up in aeon having the most brutal raids ever concieved

People choosing aeon because they're not overpowered isn't a fault of the balance itself, but people spreading word that aeon now gives you free rating for playing it

I don't get all the extreme sentiments. Auroras already always fight with radar coverage provided by a radar-50 scout that is distance 5 behind them, if not in range of some kind of static or flying radar.

Microing the auroras properly is a much bigger part of playing Aeon than including a scout in your factory queue.

@Vanifica could you post what guides you’re reading that told you this information? And link any info supporting your beliefs?

Sounds like old heaven tutorials.

@randomwheelchair I think that's what they were (or some of them). I realize they're a few years old now, and balance might have changed since then...

Wars of Glory: FAF reimagined. Now casting (somewhat) regularly!

Discord link in the Mod Vault description!

@vanifica said in Newbie here. Why not a lot of Aeon?:

• Aurora is "the best T1 tank" but is really hard to use

Aurora is the best T1 tank* but is really hard to use

*against Strikers and Thaams

The Mantis is rather hard to deal with if both opponents are equally skilled.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

I always feel uneasy when faced with a decent Aeon player, if they get air control things can go down hill slowly..painfully..

Lose air control and lose bomber options >> Get kited by tanks >> try counter with gun acu >> get kited by aeon gun com with range upgrade >> slowly die

Could I do that same thing to myself using Aeon? no I don't have those multitasking skills..so I'm fine with losing to someone doing it to me.

This post is deleted!