Looking forward to playing it, I love the directions the changes are moving the current meta.
Posts
-
RE: Second Iteration of Partial SACU Rebalance
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
@HotCheeseInRear
To fully use it you need:- the FA_Metrics Mod (and UI Mod Tools, but you probably already have that), which will write information to the game log
- the fa-metrics submitter client -> https://github.com/FAUSheppy/fa-live-metrics-client/releases/tag/v1.0.9.3 , which will read the gamelog and submitt it to the server
- logged into the Website via FAF-Auth (to see your live game info)
You can access all map Information/BOs etc without logging in.
You can create your own alerts based on the Information available.
If you want to contribute BOs you need to be whitelisted. -
RE: Build order optimization simulation? Possible?
A tool that analyzes BOs automatically and suggests changes does not currently exist. But it is a long term goal of the FA-Companion, as is a minimal outside FA-engine simulator focusing on eco streaming, build times and path times (with very simplified pathfinding).
SeraNoob has made a quite nice display for BOs which is currently on the dev-branch, which will show you your own BOs and where you stalled - but it's not gonna be a good fit for Astro or even Gap (nor am I personally interested in optimizing for these maps, sry :D).
What you can already do, is transcribe BOs yourself in the Markdown Editor and safe them for yourself and other to use.
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
I love the mod in general, two things I dislike are:
- I feel like too often there is clearly "one best option" in the selection and that takes away choice. I don't know how to best fix that, only thing I can say is that in most other games I think a lot more about my selection.
- The -25% land speed is quite toxic as an option, while everything is a tradeoff, this option just makes the game less fun to play, having +10% range and + 20% dmg with -25% speed just makes the game less interactive for everybody.
Also we paused the game during the class selection because the entire lobby was overwhelmed by the wall of text. Maybe autopause the game here for 10s.
-
RE: DropEngie Mod Showcase
I love this! It's a great Idea and I didn't know I wanted this in 2010, but I actually wanted this in 2010.
-
RE: New Setons Tourney Format Suggestion
I don't play setons and I loved watching the stream and the format. Have never been this close ever touching this map again after the tourney.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
Positional Buildorders are now supported (including basic symmetries)

-
RE: Hotbuild/Hotkey standalone Mod
@Crimsonz I think you are vastly, vastly overestimating the impact of any balance changes on FAF to the story missions and underestimate the performance gain and fixes you get. I also think there is infact an option (or mod?) to disable support factories.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
Is the plan for this page (see image) that you can get a breakdown of any game played by any player using this mod?
Yes. It is also possible to "record" replays yourself. But it's a bit fiddly atm, I need to automate it and run it on my PC overnight. After that you will be able to compare to averages of certain ratings instead of just individual players/games.
I hope we get some Setons BOs then I might finally start out on this map aswell.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
You can now also create custom rules/Alerts for yourself. Based on the available parameters:

These rules will not be displayed publicly for now, but I will review them and either include them in the default set or possibly should something become too powerful, limit the usage of certain variables. Though I don't see any danger here yet.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
I finished implementing a BO Submission Editor:

You can manage your own BOs:

For now I created a whitelist of players which will be able to upload BOs because I don't want spam. You will be able to select a BO on the fly:

In the future I plan a favourite BO/creator system to better order them automatically.
You can check your whitelist status in your profile:

If you want to contribute feel free to ping me.
-
RE: Something Needs to Be Done About the TMM Queue
Even in the 1.5k range it's all already hard to find games in off-peak hours and I just have a bunch of low rated players to queue with because it's easier to find a quick game. I personally have never cared about big differences in rating in my TMM games, but I know some people do, in both directions that is.
-
RE: Experimental changes on 2026.06.25 Feedback
@Skrat Bad is bad is a meaningless statement.
It matters "why" something is bad. Have you even followed the discussion. E.g. the consensus for SACUs on fafdev state already is, that they are too strong.
So even if you were to provide replays to show why something is "bad" - which you didnt - it wouldnt mean anything because adjustments are already on the way.
How about you play some fafdev games when lobbies are up again and the new changes are in and then give some valuable input as what and why you think certain things work and certain things don't.
-
RE: MapGen Selection Tool/Website
I added a option to enter a specific map hash, and a version selector:

will do multiselect next.
-
RE: Experimental changes on 2026.06.25 Feedback
My Impressions which I already voiced on discord for summary:
- the whole SACUs rebalance is a lot of fun and adds alot of variety, I love it and I really look forward to having it in the mainline FAF-balance
- the Sera-SACU base combat has a Intel-Icon which is confusing, I didnt know that the Upgrade also gives Gun-Range and probably most people don't, so the icon for it should be changed to display gunrange & intel in one Icon for both the Upgrade and the preset
- Sera OC has too high alpha, but many people already noticed that, personally do like the idea of "energy infrastructure" for OC "surviving" an SACU death, while the max dmg certainly needs a lower Cap, I wonder if increased energy cost of OC would be a good idea aswell
- SACUs are too strong in general, but I really, really like the ACU T3-QG progression path, I would prefer if you don't nerf it out of existence and similary the viability of SACUs into the later T4 stage was also pretty neat
Semi-related:
- Ravengers can always be dodged obviously, but the small, high-hp SACUs are a whole new level of missed DPS for this Unit, maybe consider increasing projectile speed or size long term?
-
RE: Replays cutoff after the first disconnect/ejection?
It's a bug. Afaik it's possible that local replays of some players may continue, even if yours or the online one is broken.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
@Deribus yes it will be implemented in the next Update alongside the reclaim/income split and some more specific categories of units:
+ return { + "combat_units": 0, + "combat_unit_in_base": # idle combat units 30 of start location + "labs": # UnitName Mech Marine, Hunter, Flare or Selen + "tanks": # TECH1 & TANK + "arties": # TECH1 & INDIRECTFIRE + "buildpower": # via BuildRate + "buildpower_t1_engies": # via BuildRate + "t1": # TECH1 & mobileCombat + "t2": # TECH2 + "t3": # TECH3 + "t4": # EXPERIMENTAL + "t1_navy": # TECH1 & NAVAL + "t1_land": # TECH1 & LAND + "t1_air": # TECH1 & AIR + "radars_and_sonars": # RADAR & not SCOUT + "t2_navy": # TECH2 & NAVAL + "t2_land":# TECH2 & LAND + "t2_air":# TECH2 & AIR + "t3_navy": # TECH3 & NAVAL + "t3_land":# TECH3 & LAND + "t3_air":# TECH3 & AIR + "inties": # AIR & TECH1 & ANTIAIR + "swifties": # unit name Swift Wind + "asf": # category ASF + "frigs": # FRIGATE + "subs": # catetory T1SUBMARINE or T3SUBMARINE + "nuke": # NUKE + "tmd": # Description": "Tactical Missile Defense" + }I also wanted to review your games and think about if there are any data driven things aren't covered yet/open up the rule engine to custom rules.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
I don't think real-time alerts are more useful for learning than replay analysis. But they can give a specific advantage.
All sub 1k/500 players who tried it disagree with you on this, and I do too, learning in real time is so much easier for low level players that learning from a replay. This is the fundamental thesis of this project. And yes this will also give an Advantage to lower rated players - which is the whole point.
The situation with this mod reminds me a big discussion about Eco Manger and the automatic shutdown mass fabricators. Part of the community thought it was auto-clicker, while the other part saw nothing wrong with it. Finally, this feature was added to the game for everyone.
This mod doesnt click anything for you. It is also open to everyone. Again I dont see a single game from you in the DB. How about you try it before spreading opinions that are not based on experience

Too fine a line between notifying "Your team relies on your energy" or "View Reclaim" and notifying about your scout has noticed a nuke/exp or notifying that a TMl has been spotted on an enemy ACU (visually). And such notifications should not be in the game.
This Information is not synced to the UI layer in the same way the eco or your own unit data is, therefore it is not used. There literally mods which already light up nukes etc with different symbols, which makes this a very strange example to bring up. But again I think your whole concers would be moot if you actually tried it instead of talking about it.
This will not substantially help a 1.5k player. I know this because it doesnt substantially help me (except for the automatic BO popup). Now maybe we get to a point where we can elevate even more people to be better. You youself have a post on this forum about how dead the 2k scene is. Not saying this project will change that (yet), but there are reason why people are stuck and 300, 500, 1000 or 1500 rating, we should stop arguing about purely theoretical concerns and think about how we can elevate these players, find what is holding people back and give them the ressources to improve.
-
RE: FA Companion / Training Tool
@Deribus you can pull the data from the replay or both need to submitt it. But currently pull from replay is not really "frictionless". You need to use the --no-ignore-replay command line option and switch army once at the start of the game. Also I think the ref game currently excludes Submissions with the same gameid but thats an oversight on my part.

