Both limited radius from carrier and dies when carrier dies. You still have manual control over them while in range of the carrier. They'll also automatically chase targets in range. Similar to drone carriers in other games like BAR
Posts
-
RE: Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual
-
RE: Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual
Update:
-Swapped to use bp hooking for the carriers
-Carriers no longer start with pre-built strike wings (carriers will need ~10 mins to fully launch their strike complement)
-Icons for the vanilla aircraft drones
-Script refactoring + external factory bugfixes@Saver
Thanks for trying and feedback!Imo using fully T2 units wouldn't do much in the T3 late game when everyone has cruisers and ASF swarms. Hopefully removing the starting set of strikecraft would make it feel more balanced

-
RE: Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual
The first set is free, the replacements are built in a separate build queue
-
Better Carriers - Carrier Overhual
Vanilla Carriers aren't very useful.
Now each carrier comes with their own combat air patrol complement, 10 of each: T3 Spy plane, T3 Strat Bomber, T3 Torp bomber and T3 Gunship. Atlantis gets 15 of each.
These aircraft will automatically engage targets in range (300). They cost 66% less to rebuilt, but are slaved to their carriers.
Carriers are 2x as expensive.
Added a Seraphim T3 Heavy Gunship
Mod support:
Optional Addon, comes in either vanilla or blackops version:
CZAR gets 15 Restorers.

-
RE: RK's explosions - Updated
@Blackrobe
I haven't tried the custom campaigns yet, I'll take a lookAlso, I recall that each faction had their own distinct strategic weapon explosion in RK's explosions, in either skirmish or campaigns.
Yeah I remember them having that too. the old version on the mod vault was v12, my updated version was based on the github v13, I guess they removed it for some reason. I should be able to add that back in without too much trouble
-
RK's explosions - Updated
I have updated RK's explosions to the latest version of FAF.
Additional changes:
-
Damage toggle - Explosions can now be toggled to deal damage (numbers still needs tweaking)
-
Added generic Experimental explosions - Experimentals without a custom death thread will now have a semi randomized explosion sequence. compatible with all mods in theory, as long as the Experimental's death thread does not override the vanilla one

Citadel from blackops, one of the few blackops experimentals without a custom death thread
Aeon spaceship from orbital wars, after categorizing it as an experimental
Cybran experimental flying carrier, from brewlan
Seraphim spaceship from orbital wars, after categorizing it as an experimental -