FAF client not working, getting oneDrive error

Always get this error message...

faf.png

• onedrive unlinked
    -reinstalled client

I don't know how i can fix this problem. Maybe anybody knows what to do?`please!

@neverty All versions of SCFA have a difficult time with using network storage systems like OneDrive, Dropbox, etc., so it's highly recommended that you either create a new folder for where FAF will store your maps/mods, such as in the FAF Data Location itself (default is C:\ProgramData\FAForever), a folder at the root of your main drive or on an external drive, & then go to FAF client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Maps and Mods Location > Choose... & select the folder you just created or select an already existing folder that isn't on OneDrive.

I can't open the client due to that error. So im not able to change any path there.
I heard about a notepad file where i could change it manually, but im not able to find this file... 😞

check this link reddit...same question but no answer for now

@neverty You can click on OK to get past that warning; however, you're running an older version of the client which is no longer supported due to changes to the FAF server. You'll need to download the current version 2023.11.2.

@MostLostNoob thx for for your help, but also this version is not working for me. If i click OK to get past that warning the client is still just closing...

running as an administartor is also not working...maybe my system is just broken, idk

@neverty do you have a client.log file for us?
It should be in
%APPDATA%\Forged Alliance Forever\logs

@nex

2023-11-22T16:05:34.213+01:00 ERROR 19292 --- [pool-3-thread-2] com.faforever.client.map.MapService : Map could not be read: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps\SCMP_029

com.faforever.client.map.MapLoadException: Not a folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\maps\SCMP_029
at com.faforever.client.map.MapService.readMap(MapService.java:277)
at com.faforever.client.map.MapService.addInstalledMap(MapService.java:266)
at com.faforever.client.map.MapService$1.call(MapService.java:248)
at com.faforever.client.map.MapService$1.call(MapService.java:228)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1399)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

2023-11-22T16:05:34.423+01:00 INFO 19292 --- [JavaFX-Launcher] c.faforever.client.steam.SteamService : Starting the Steam API
2023-11-22T16:05:34.578+01:00 DEBUG 19292 --- [JavaFX-Launcher] c.faforever.client.steam.SteamService : Steam API started
2023-11-22T16:05:34.585+01:00 DEBUG 19292 --- [JavaFX-Launcher] c.f.client.os.FileOpeningHandler : Registering file opening handler: com.faforever.client.os.FileOpeningHandler
2023-11-22T16:05:34.785+01:00 INFO 19292 --- [taskScheduler-1] c.f.client.config.PreferencesConfig : Writing preferences file %USER_PROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever\client.prefs
2023-11-22T16:05:34.786+01:00 INFO 19292 --- [JavaFX-Launcher] o.s.boot.SpringApplication : Started application in 4.208 seconds (process running for 5.225)
2023-11-22T16:05:34.865+01:00 DEBUG 19292 --- [JavaFX-Launcher] c.faforever.client.util.StartupService : Current preferences directory %USER_PROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever

client.log

@neverty
this one just shows a lot of failed map loads from the steam FA folder.
Does the client have read permissions to it?
Is the path correct and the files are all there?

Aside from that I don't see any reason for a crash.
To get rid of the warning you can also change the paths directly in the config file found in
%APPDATA%\Forged Alliance Forever
If it still crashes get the client to crash and then post the most recent client.log again.