Unable to Join a Custom Game

I receive the following message:
Client Version: 2023.11.1
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Program Files\FAF Client\Documents
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:89)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.createDirectory(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:521)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createDirectory(Files.java:700)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createAndCheckIsDirectory(Files.java:807)

@drwho42 Please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. From there, drag/drop your client.log file (the Text Document file, not the .gz compressed files) into here so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at.

Lot of AccessDeniedException errors:

@magge said in Solutions for common errors with the FAF client launcher or supreme commander:

Reason

Program is blocked or has wrong user rights

Make sure security software is not blocking the client
Make sure your windows account has rights to run the software
Remove "C:\ProgramData\FAForever" folder; and reinstall FAF
For testing purpose, run the client with admin rights.

Not sure where to go to set my windows account for rights to run FAF software?

How do I run the client with admin rights? I am not sure what that even means.

@drwho42 you can right-click on the programm exe/link and launch it as admin. that is not recommended to do regularly and should be used just for testing purposes.

However there is some very weird stuff going on here and you should probably reset all settings/reinstall the client.

C:\Program Files\FAF Client\Documents
This path is just not a thing and I have no idea why it would try to access that.
%USER_PROFILE%Documents
is also wrong as it expands to
C:\Users\eholDocuments
which is just not a path that exists (it's missing a \ between your username[ehol] and Documents)