What happened to my ping?

People report I often have 3000 ping now. Could this be related to the DDoS attacks?

I play Halo Infinite with 0 problems.

Located in Russia GMT+5

Assuming you have the latest client 23.11.0:
All clients try to find the best connection to each other. So once you joined a lobby your game connections are not running over any faf server. Relay connections are currently all routed over Frankfurt, Germany just as before.

So in summary: it can't be related to DDoS. In assume Russia is getting more and more disconnected from the internet due as announced by your super smart government.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

unnamed.jpg

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

@brutus5000 said in What happened to my ping?:

Assuming you have the latest client 23.11.0:
All clients try to find the best connection to each other. So once you joined a lobby your game connections are not running over any faf server. Relay connections are currently all routed over Frankfurt, Germany just as before.

So in summary: it can't be related to DDoS. In assume Russia is getting more and more disconnected from the internet due as announced by your super smart government.

Your assumption is wrong, seems like you have been misled by your government. In Russia we don't have any issues with internet, related to government decisions.

@brutus5000 said in What happened to my ping?:

your super smart government.

They make political posts

And then they punish us for noticing

Downvote political speech in the forums wherever you see it

Who uses "they" when speaking about a person?