Crash with Exit code 1

Hi all,

Ive been playing FAF for a number of years with no issues. Suddenly crashing on creating a game, both co-op and custom.

Error popup says: crashed, check with exit code 1

game_21129742.log

I have had several other codes with 9 digits but haven't been able to replicate those errors

I have reinstalled both the steam version of forged alliance, and the FAF client. I have also tried moving the map/mod directory to C drive, and D drive, instead of Onedrive.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I believe a fix has been found and will be released today or tomorrow.
meanwhile you can host your own custom games on the faf develop game type, if that works, then the fix in the release will also work for your issue.

There was a fix deployed a few moments ago about an exit-code issue; Do you still encounter a crash? If so, please share a new log. Thank you in advance.

Latest fix has solved it. No issues anymore.

Well done, and thank you so much for everything you do to keep this game alive. Its a real pleasure to play

Cheers

Since the latest game update and client update I am now getting code error 1 crash in every game I exit. Using windows 11 is there a fix for this?

@heavenly Can you please click the Reply button at the bottom between the 👁 (View) icon & the "Mark unread" button. Next, please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. From there, drag/drop your most recent game_21xxxxxx.log file (should be of the last game that crashed) into the Reply message window so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at.

@MostLostNoob Here is my last game creates a crash log when I exit an online game when it has ended. Here is crash log on 11.1.2024 6.18pm thanks

I am going to change the settings>Game Location of my installed game to the latest patch game FAF patch 3603 beta.
The game I have is not from steam. Installed from game box and latest patch was 3603 beta. The game location was on a previous patch v1.5.3599 maybe this will fix. As it seems to be reading this location when exiting an online game. I think this maybe an issue too have disabled Nahimic service. (enhances audio on gaming PC)

game_21609753.log