A few questions about a 1v1 ranked

The replay is this: #20810891

To summarize, on this low-mass map, I was winning by quite a lot. However, he got T3 mex sooner than I did. Despite destroying all of them and his land HQ, I still lost.

A few questions:

• How do you use transports to mass-transport units? I was unable to, the controls must have changed. How it used to work was simple: Select the units, such as a mass of T1 artillery, Shift select the transports, then click "drop" and then click the drop location. This kept failing, as the transports would just move to the drop location without loading.
  • Is there any way to auto-target walls? I was unable to kill a line of walls because there was a T2 PD behind it.

And if you have any tips for this replay, sure, I'll all ears.

At what moment did you try the transport trick?

Note that it only works when the engine thinks it is 'worth' to transport the units. If they are nearby the drop location then the engine can also decide to just let them walk.

An alternative is to use the new distribute orders function to load in your units quickly 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Oh no, that's terrible. Why is the computer deciding

It has always been doing that. The distribute orders function doesn't do that though. See also:

Okay what about walls. I swore there was a hotkey to target them automatically

@funkoff
Regarding transports - I select the units, select the transport, right-click the transport, then shift+click for the unload command.

That ensures that the units get in the transport, and the shift-click unload ensures that the transport only unloads after picking up.
Sure, it's an extra button and keypress, but your cursor is in the right place for it, so it's relatively painless.

As for auto-targetting walls... I know that setting the wall to top target priority doesn't work! The best bet is reclaiming (or failing that, attack orders) then using spread attack... Not what you were after, I know!

@funkoff said in A few questions about a 1v1 ranked:

Okay what about walls. I swore there was a hotkey to target them automatically

There is not, fairly certain there never was. Maybe through a UI mod such as advanced target priorities? What you can do is issue attack orders and then distribute those