Master factory icon

I would like to see an icon over the "masterfactory" with the number of connected "slave" factories.

what do you ppl think?

What is a masterfactory? A factory with other factories assisting it?

@redx said in Master factory icon:

What is a masterfactory? A factory with other factories assisting it?

yes.

I try to build my factories always in patterns with a specific "masterfactory" on
the same spot, like the right corner. In chaotic builds i have to search always the
"masterfactory" because of my bad memory 🙂

You could select the "master factory" at the start of the game and press CTRL+NUMBER to always have the master factory saved at the number key. When you press it once, you auto select the factory, double pressing it faster, should zoom your camera to it as well AFAIK

@magge said in Master factory icon:

You could select the "master factory" at the start of the game and press CTRL+NUMBER to always have the master factory saved at the number key. When you press it once, you auto select the factory, double pressing it faster, should zoom your camera to it as well AFAIK

thx, i will try it.

I have seen a mod that does something like this. I forget what it was called.

It put a "crown" icon on units+buildings that were being assisted by other units/buildings.

It didn't show the number of factories that were assisting the leader

One issue that will come up is that factories can be assisting and assisted by multiple factories. You can hold shift to queue up orders so you can tell Factory A to assist Factory B. Then you hold shift while Factory A is still selected and tell it to also assist Factory C. If Factory B dies or runs out of things to make, Factory A will then immediately give up the order to assist Factory B and start assisting Factory C. So implementing this idea might be more complicated than you think.

@arma473 said in Master factory icon:

I have seen a mod that does something like this. I forget what it was called.

It put a "crown" icon on units+buildings that were being assisted by other units/buildings.

It didn't show the number of factories that were assisting the leader

One issue that will come up is that factories can be assisting and assisted by multiple factories. You can hold shift to queue up orders so you can tell Factory A to assist Factory B. Then you hold shift while Factory A is still selected and tell it to also assist Factory C. If Factory B dies or runs out of things to make, Factory A will then immediately give up the order to assist Factory B and start assisting Factory C. So implementing this idea might be more complicated than you think.

Oh, neat. It never occurred to me to do that. Usually I just chain assist A to B and B to C. Thanks!

it's ui-party bro