The Superior FAF Experience Mod

Im not sure why i see hate and insults in this thread. Im so happy that i can see such huge waves of content and efforts streaming into my favourite game. Drew did excellent job. Though it may not be balanced the way ftx wants or any other proper 2k player opinion but it is a mod for that reason. You can treat it as LOUD .

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

Nobody dislikes someone creating a mod like this, but if you blame an entire faf team of corruption then its drew that started the insults. It shouldnt be very surprising then that some people respond in kind since he set the tone of the topic. Nobody likes to be insulted for their volunteer work.

@thewheelie said in The Superior FAF Experience Mod:

Nobody dislikes someone creating a mod like this, but if you blame an entire faf team of corruption then its drew that started the insults. It shouldnt be very surprising then that some people respond in kind since he set the tone of the topic. Nobody likes to be insulted for their volunteer work.

I agree, but Drew has also spent hours (and years) trying to help out with things people have mentioned, or that he thought would help the community, without being on the balance team. I think both sides would benefit from a conversation. The mobile factory fixes, Sera T2 PD, fatboy upgrades, etc are legit. Hell, even the animations on the Megalith are amazing. He's not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Someone mentioned his nerfs/buffs as a "dualgap syndrome". I honestly would prefer watching gap games (since I can't stand the map) where 90% of games aren't decided on which side built a T4 first, regardless if they didn't have map control, navy, nor air, yet come back and win a 2v6. I thought Boi's were nerfed for a similar reason.

He also would get some of his github PRs rejected while also given the reason for said rejections and then proceed to rename all his PRs “bla” as a result of it. Combine it with the general “no stealing” message posted here and you kinda get the idea that there was no ultimate intent of helping the community unless it was directly 1 dude’s specific vision.

I’m also fairly certain the first side to build a t4 is pretty irrelevant to dual gap, game wins are much more associated with nuke or t3 arty or game enders than an emergency ML or chicken to hold a push.

The idea that balance should account for maps like Dualgap that by design favour ecoing up to the first base-killing tool you can launch from your own base is exactly what I meant by "dualgap syndrome".

1. Tone criticisms from people who tend to be thin on common courtesy is a little incongruous. We can all seek to be more respectful, all the time.

2. The job of the balance team for any game is never easy; for FaF, when it's a team of volunteers without corporate authority, the job is all that much harder. When things tend to devolve into a shitfight (see #1) it's harder still. I like to keep all that in mind before I do a mindread on anyone's motives.

3. @Evildrew I'll speak for myself and say that I am genuinely interested in your methodology for how you arrived at these changes.

4. There's always virtue to experimentation, even if there's likely a few too many changes here to approach methodically. Most interesting things start out as a compost heap (and I gotta take a look at these mobile factories).

@Evildrew do you want the game to get better or not?

If you do, why put a "do not steal' at the end of your post?

@slicknixon said in The Superior FAF Experience Mod:

1. @Evildrew I'll speak for myself and say that I am genuinely interested in your methodology for how you arrived at these changes.

The methodology:

spreadsheet.png

1 simple word to round this all up. Yikes

Aircraft are vtol so they can hoverbomb, removing this mechanic goes against the game physics.

I've never seen hoverbomb be op, and it's really easy for a maa to hit a hovering bomber