What is the biggest issue that plagues FAF in your opinion?

I am not a programming Geek! What the hell is DDOS on our coturn servers????

The servers managing networking are experiencing heavy load for an unknown reason. I might have simplified that to the point of being wrong but it’s close enough to get the point across.

It’s not easy to fix and everyone working on this project is a volunteer who gets no money from FAF and has their day jobs and personal lives to contend with. It will take time.

@popsniper said in What is the biggest issue that plagues FAF in your opinion?:

What the hell is DDOS

"digital denial of service" a form of attack that involves sending increased traffic to disrupt services

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

@madmax said in What is the biggest issue that plagues FAF in your opinion?:

"digital denial of service" a form of attack that involves sending increased traffic to disrupt services

Distributed* denial of service but yes

@kazuya said in Addressing Severe Connectivity Issues - What has happened!:

the coturn servers are being DOS-ed

In this case DDOS is not the correct term. DOS fits better.

Would it be a massive task to add a "report a problem" button to the client?

What should that button do? Point you to the GitHub issues list? Or what do you expect? (Serious question)

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@brutus5000

Link to a place to report an issue sounds like a good easy start.

A strong follow-up would be some kind of automatic logging, but I don't know what that would entail to be either implemented or useful.

The automatic logging was discussed, but eventually nobody will really go through all the errors. It's too many kind of errors in depth and breadth.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

*Automatic in the sense that the "report a problem" button automatically gathers information from the client and attaches it to the manual report, instead of relying entirely on reportee input.