Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread

@nex Did you get a chance to read my earlier mention of a single seraphim torpedo bomber being able to destroy 2 UEF cooper torpedo boats defending one another?

I think there's potential for more than just sera-vs-sera to be affected by it.

I totally like the idea of racial identity, and would hate to see it removed, but it does feel a bit 'extreme'...
Most 'counters' in subcom tend to be more in the range of 'double' when talking efficiency or counters etc. '4-5times' feels a bit much.

If their bombed torpedoes split into a total of 6, it would still be miles higher than the 2 for UEF, 2 for cybran, and 3 for aeon... But not so crazy as the 9 currently.

In fairness, this change from 9 to 6 would still allow the mirror player to kill sera subs in 2 torpedo bomber passes - but I could better see that as a 'matchup quirk', especially given the difference of seraphim submerged destroyers, if their torpedo bombers weren't just basically ignoring torpedo defense!

@Sylph_

fixed

edit: clarity

This post is deleted!

@deletethis Sorry, spotted the link now!

So it was a bug that let them overcome torpedo defenses so well by being untargetable?!? Eesh! I kinda liked the racial diversity of it (despite thinking it was a bit extreme).

(clarification - I'm one of those folk that doesn't really differentiate between 'bug' and 'feature')

Is there a way my testing this release immediately, or do we have to wait?
(I wanted to know whether the Uosioz completely loses its ability to circumvent torpedo defenses? Or whether it's just reduced, but still significant)

@Sylph_ damn my dude, got commitment issues?
Screenshot_20230729-140318_Chrome.jpg

@deribus Sorry, I edit lots. I didn't realise it would spam people's notifications. I'll try not to do it, knowing this, in future.

@sylph_ I don't like going OT, but by all means, keep editing your posts, it's a forum!

Nothing worse than a single person making a series of posts in a row instead of editing.

I'm the same once I realise "they could misunderstand XY" -> Since it only affects the mods with spam and they chose to become a mod... Just continue it, their fault!

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Wait till Deribus finds out how many times I edit a post...
😅

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm not actually bothered I just found it amusing