Selens, and Ghetto's

This is a topic because I am bored, and just curious folks:
What is everyone opinion and giving Selen's Ghetto Gunship ability? Or because Sera T1 Transport > other T1 Transport would bork things?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Selen still has by-far worst DPS. Also ghettos arn't often used in high or low level play. It's too easy to shoot them down and they are very expensive.

IIRC Selen is getting changed to have it's turret able to turn, so it might be possible soon.

@FunkOff said in Selens, and Ghetto's:

Selen still has by-far worst DPS. Also ghettos arn't often used in high or low level play. It's too easy to shoot them down and they are very expensive.

Zlo would disagree

Well
Selens Ghetto is just quite pointless because Selen has about twice less DPS than any LAB

So there's no problem to give them that ability, just one more useless option in the game

I mean Seraphim transports have more space on their transports than other factions so that balances it out maybe

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

The DPS of a seraphim ghetto would still be roughly 20% lower, for about the same cost, as other factions (slightly less mass cost, but more build time required to get 8 selens out because of roll-off time, and sera transports take longer to load). If you landed the transport before it died, and had 8 selens running around enemy territory, all hiding themselves and giving free radar, that might offset the downsides of your early seraphim ghetto not having as much DPS. Even a low-dps ghetto could still effectively kill off engineers, it just wouldn't be as good for situations where you want to fire continuously.

If we messed with the balance to make a seraphim ghetto more feasible (such as increasing cost + dps of selens) I think that would be fine. I like seraphim and i like selens so maybe I'm biased here. I wouldn't mind if they were 10% better at killing engineers even if i had to pay a little bit more for them.