Suggest new loading tips

Here are the current loading tips. Anyone can suggest new loading tips in this thread. You can suggest specific tips with specific wording in quotes, or you can just describe what sort of tips you think should be added.

pfp credit to gieb

Make energy storages, unless let's see how your shields blink

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

There is a don't play too zommed in tip, but I'd like to see a straight zoom out one.

When a shield is hit, every shield with intersecting bubbles takes 15% overspill damage.

Fact check with @Jip

Also in general I would remove any trivial tips in favor of the kinds of things that are difficult to figure out without insider knowledge, such as the above tip.

@blodir said in Suggest new loading tips:

When a shield is hit, every shield with intersecting bubbles takes 15% overspill damage.

Fact check with @Jip

You can check the code, there's an overspill modifier that units can override

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Beware splash damage from friendly fire when trying to defend your own base would be another good tip I think!

Also in general I would remove any trivial tips in favor of the kinds of things that are difficult to figure out without insider knowledge, such as the above tip.

You really underestimate how many people are unaware of the trivial aspects of the game, like overflowing being bad.

Have you tried getting a girlfriend instead of becoming a pro?

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@ftxcommando said in Suggest new loading tips:

You really underestimate how many people are unaware of the trivial aspects of the game, like overflowing being bad.

Right, but that can be inferred from very basic understanding of eco mechanics. There's a lot of info that is very difficult to come by and can't be inferred

If it could be inferred we could have avoided half the convos in the training channel. The target of tips was the general FAF user which has an insanely low bar of competency. Nothing wrong with including higher level tips but there is no reason to remove trivial ones either.

Ideally tips could be segmented based on rating but who knows how difficult that would be to implement and whether it’s worth the returns.

"Use the little wrench in the corner of the chat window to make "To Allies" the default setting."

I can't believe it took me until today to figure that one out.

@slicknixon said in Suggest new loading tips:

"Use the little wrench in the corner of the chat window to make "To Allies" the default setting."

I can't believe it took me until today to figure that one out.

lol thx, 1900 games and didnt knew that

maybe also

"only online shields can be supported"

took me also 1300 matches to realize:P

I took a crack at three variants of the above. Brackets indicate either or, curly braces are optional:

"Assisting engineers will [increase/contribute to] the regeneration of a shield only while the bubble is active."
or
"Assisting engineers will [increase/contribute to] the regeneration of a shield {only} while the bubble is active, {but} not {the recharge rate} after it's been [popped/dissipated] {by enemy fire}."
OR
"Assisting engineers will [increase/contribute to] the regeneration of a shield while the bubble is active ({but} not {the recharge rate} after it's been [popped/dissipated] {by enemy fire})."

I started with #3, but am partial to #1. There's a simplicity in avoiding any confusion (ahem) between regenerate/recharge/rebuild and dissipated/destroyed/popped etc.

"Overlapping shields--both static and mobile--deal a percentage of the damage they receive to their neighbors."

This includes shields within shields, which could be added to the loading tip or, as an alternative, be fixed to not happen in the game...? Also don't know if this includes mobile shields*.

**Copy edited to reflect that it does.

Also don't know if this includes mobile shields.

Yes it does 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned