Weekly Discussion #15 - What kinds of (non-unit) mods would you like to see ranked?

Right now there is a blanket rule that all sim mods make a game unrated, with very few exceptions (RKs Explosions is the only one I can think of, and I'm not even sure about that one).

Are there any gameplay mods you'd like to see rated? Should we have rated Phantom or King of the Hill games?

We can rule out any unit mods like BlackOps or TotalMayhem. These mods completely change balance and feature far too many potentially controversial changes.

Map gen with unrevealed terrain. I mean I want to see people play it. Do another show match or something, but a ranked que could be interesting as well.

Ranked Survival

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

AI mods, with the AI ‘players’ given global ratings adjusted via true-skill (doubt it’s feasible but would be fun to see from an AI dev perspective!)

Decapitation and Structure Share by @Sheikah. I'd like to try both but I'm unlikely to do it until they're ranked.

This post is deleted!

Upgradable Hydros i think is a cool mod

@elhooo_oood I would definitely like to see people fight over hydrocarbons.

@melanol

There are very few maps with many contestable hydrocarbons, they're usually in spawn range or close expansions. The fact that you could upgrade hydrocarbons to what I assume are more efficient versions of T2 or T3 Pgens would make trying to get more not that critical either

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Advanced target priorities. Or is it ranked already?

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

@h-master It's a UI mod. Everything UI is ranked.

This post is deleted!