Hi, I have a question/comment. How hard would it be to allow the AI to start with a naval factory if its spawn is under water?
I've been playing Uveso AI's on maps like Saskiya with underwater resources and start locations. The AI doesn't have any trouble building on aquatic mass or hydrocarbons, but it has problems if its start location is under water. What it usually does at the start is something like this:
- Walk over to the closest land.
- Reclaim a few trees (pointlessly -- it hasn't built anything yet so the reclaimed resources are wasted)
- Turn around and go back to the start location.
- Repeat 2-5 times.
- Finally build a land factory and start actually playing, maybe 5 minutes in.
- Some time in the next couple of minutes it'll usually go back and make a naval factory.