Login Screen forever

The thing I do not understand is that if you post in this forum you are in general able to login via our OAuth server.
But for some reason it fails if we do the same in the FAF (java) client. There is no logical or technical explanation for this.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

I was wrong, i am in college right now and i cant open TCP connection with lobby.faforever.com. Mostly likely due to our local server policy for connections.

7522d1fe-02b6-497d-abd1-6c2310ea7388-image.png

Yes the login forever screen is not because you can't connect to the oauth service. It happens because the tcp connection to the lobby server fails. But again I am not sure why it fails for some people beyond the firewall issues eternal mentioned.

Who was this problem, please mention me when you will be here. I want to try some solutions

So just to keep you informed, Sheikah dug in the dirt and it seems a new issues introduced by one of our libraries in one of the recent version. Multiple reports of the problems with resolving DNS, but looks like nobody was capable of catching logs that could help the developers.
https://github.com/reactor/reactor-netty/issues/1534

At least we have a workaround now that will end up in the next client release.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice